Rit dye remover and Poly cotton blend Dickies

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
I all ready did a search on this and I read in some threads that bleach dosn't work too well on poly cotton blend Dickies coveralls, but what about Rit Dye remover???

I want to lighten my Poly cotton Dickie coverall.
Ha anyone tried it?

Lynn

It doesn't work well with poly blends at all. I've got a Roebucks coverall (got it from Sears) and it's a 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton blend. It was originally a Navy blue, but I was planning to lighten it up to make a Jango jumpsuit. So far, bleaching hasn't worked too well, and the Rit color remover has also been ineffective. I first tried half a pack (to see how well it would work) and there was almost no difference. I then used the rest of that pack and an additional full pack, and tried again. There was still very little difference afterwards.

Then, I got serious. I tried using three packs at the same time. Once again, there was very little change. At this rate, it'll take 50 more to get it to the right color... maybe. :angry

When I get home, I'll post a picture of the new color compared to the original color.

Thanks! It dosn't sound too promising... :( It may just give an excuse to rip it apart and use it as a pattern to make a new one. :D

Lynn

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back