Clone On the Way

kazklar

Jr Hunter
I am taking the Cheap Route and Buying the Armor Online (unpainted/sanded ect) I am curious as to what Exactly I want my Clone to be. I am fond of many of the helmet types and the soft portion of the armor is easier than the hard (Check that off)

I really don't want to stray it to be a custom job, though I am not declined to the idea.

I wanna know what clones seem to look more "full" I enjoy feeling armored and feeling like I can take a hit. The look of the helmet Says a lot along with the paintjob

Right now I am leaning Towards
Bacara
Airbourne
Or a Star Corps Trooper (I am very Fond of these guys in the Minis Game)

If you own a set of the above give me reply on the feel of the suit if ya could, outsiders let me know what you would choose if you could buy one.

Thanks guys!

Go for a white grunt clone! They are the core of the Grand Army of the Republic! You will be able to paint it if you want in a future if you want.

Oh, I hope you don't mean you are going to buy the armor from StarFortress Productions...

I am buying the set off ebay but it the armor suit isn't from them, I did find a helmet from them I liked however, along with the boots....is there a problem with starfortress I should be aware about?

ok kool thanks for the info, I appriciate it. I got ahold of the guy who makes Clone Armor for the 501st (forget his name atm).

I'd say go with your gut feeling.
That is what I did when I went
with thire. Look at the clones
and see which one feels right

I love the 327th star corps, but I am trying to build an all purpose suit that I can mix and match some pieces and halmets to be able to be whatever I want at the time. I say do what you like. You will be more satisfied that way.

Yes stay the HELL away from Starfortress productions. Got my first Fett there for about $1800.00 USD Currently about $2000.00+ later I've finally have either re-done or replaced every part that did n ot fit, broke, or was severely inaccurate which was about 98% of it. All that I have left is the jumpsuit,gauntlets, spats, backplate, and the cape. I plan to replace the gaunts, backplate, and the jumpsuit. The delivered late as hell, I opened the box and stuff was already broken off of the helmet, and the jetpack (did not come with beacon or stabilizer) Upon first wearing the latches on the gaunts on both arms broke and almost nothing fit. Add to this that the helmet had the upper and lower cheeks mispainted. I inquired about fixing the problems and was told that the parts could not possibly have broken, but whatever parts I wanted fixed/replaced, I'd have to pay to ship it to them, and then shipping back to me,which was more than the original cost of a whole new one without sending old one back. They also claimed the wrong painting was "one of many schemes used in ROTJ, and the difference was in the eye of the beholder." In every conceivable way they gave the absolute worst service and never even attempted to take any responsibility for it.

(sorry for length, all this happened in 2007 and I STILL get P.O'D when I think about it.)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back