New Helmet For my Custom

twistedxknights

Active Hunter
Just wanted to share pictures of the latest helmet I started working on for my Custom Mando

sorry forgot to take pics of it as it came out of the mold.. but here is some pics of it after quite abit of sanding and cleanup

HPIM1618.jpg

HPIM1615.jpg

HPIM1616.jpg

HPIM1617.jpg

Wow, great job(y). That 3D etching is going to add alot of character to it after it's painted.
I'll be interested to know what color scheme you plan to use for such and intricate pattern:love

Whoa, awesome job!
The painted grooves almost look like gold inlay. Great color scheme too.
You've got alittle bit of flare, but that should straighten out as soon as you install the visor.
keep up the great work(y)

how did you get the color inlay? did you go through with a fine brush and paint it in by hand after putting the base color on?

Whoa, awesome job!
The painted grooves almost look like gold inlay. Great color scheme too.
You've got alittle bit of flare, but that should straighten out as soon as you install the visor.
keep up the great work(y)
thanks s yeah i was going for a gold inlay look.. as far as the flare if you talking about the visor area it might just be the camera angle..

how did you get the color inlay? did you go through with a fine brush and paint it in by hand after putting the base color on?
Yup.. went with a fine line brush think its was 10/0 or something like that not sure right off the top of my head... and the weathering is a mix of topical and layered..

Wow, I bet it's satisfying to be done with, but painting all the engraving must've been a pain.
Looks great; really stands out from the crowd with all the gold engraving!

Wow, I bet it's satisfying to be done with, but painting all the engraving must've been a pain.
Looks great; really stands out from the crowd with all the gold engraving!

It is some what satisfying... though afterwards i realized i should probably start on a repaint of my armor to make it look better..

Heh, just goes to show that artists are never (or rarely) completely happy with their work, if you ask me.

heard a quote from someone (forgot who) "Art is never really finished, just abandoned "

edit: quote is from Leonardo da Vinci (“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back