How to modify a standard don post 97?

pondababacutoff

New Hunter
Hi all, this is my first post on TDH. I have a standard don post 97 and I want to modify it since I bought it in 2004. But the project hasn't started at all until now. Now I'm building my armor using wizardoflight templates (god bless you!) and wanted to use my DP 97 for the helmet. I have removed and cut the visor area, when it comes to install the visor lens :facepalm it becoming a stressful part of the project...(arrrrggghh...)

1. actually how do I have to do to attach the visor lens, I tried epoxy but it always comes off.. :cry
2. how to make the helmet 'swayed'? Coz I hate the helmet shape.
3. are the helmet can be re-painted with aerosol paint (not acrylic)?

Lens...have you scuffed the are your trying to epoxy to? If its smooth its not going to stick...try E6000 glue or hot glue even.

The Sway? You mean how to Flare it out maybe? Im not to sure if thats what you mean...try searching for that one...And anything can be repainted with the right prep work and all

I haven't scuff it at all, so what's my best choice? Sanding it? Ok I'll try that. If it's not working, I'll try the hot glue.
Yes what I mean is to flare it, I'll search bout that. Thanks
will update with some progress pics

my progress photos.. love the battle scars

DSC08266..JPG

DSC08267..JPG

DSC08268..JPG

DSC08269..JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back