Boba goes medieval! Chainmail Fett...

valkenburg

New Hunter
I put my Boba bucket on top of an original 14th century chainmail coat of armor (I collect antique arms and armor), just to see how Boba would look in Chainmail. Here's a pic! I'm looking forward to hearing your reactions!

l_dad43b9ad22c45e2b5f0736c375b1f4a.png

Pretty interesting... there is a guy here somewhere who actually made his own larp armor and it is very heavily boba inspired

El1te

I've had a concept in my head for a few years now of a custom mando, possibly a female mando with chain mail between the armor plates on the chest and back. Maybe a chain mail skirt to go with it too?

thats a nice set of chainmail you have there...i usedto collect medieval stuff (not authentic ancient) but i still have a few swords, a crusader helmet, and a shield

What's the story behind the mail shirt? What country is it from and how did you aquire it? Do you know who it belonged to originally?

What's the story behind the mail shirt? What country is it from and how did you aquire it? Do you know who it belonged to originally?

It's from the14th century (that's why it's so rusted!), and came from Germany. I bought it from a Dutch antique dealer. It has 1000's of tiny rivetted steel rings (each ring has an overlap which is closed with a rivet/nail...what a LOT of work that must have been!). I used to collect replica arms and armor, but now only authentic items.

DON'T RESTORE IT!!

At least not until you make sure it will not take away from the value. ( you probably already know that )

It IS Awesome!!

DON'T RESTORE IT!!

At least not until you make sure it will not take away from the value. ( you probably already know that )

It IS Awesome!!

I'm going to leave it just the way it is, I love rust! It has such a beautiful dark old patina. And restoring/cleaning old chainmail is very difficult and expensive.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back