Template placement for trash can armor

jarodpenn

Active Hunter
Hey, all. I'm getting ready to upgrade my armor to some trash cans (never thought that'd be a legitamate sentence!). I was wondering if there was any definitive placement for the templates or if it we just by sight and preference. I searched the board and the closest I've found was a picture in the original thread by the very inginuitve AFettFullOfDollars seen below. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

TrashArmor1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's fine, i use sterlite as well.

there's no real trick to doing it, just use common sence. For the reeeeealy strange shaped pieces, (aka cod) you can stick the pre-cut piece of sterlite in the oven for 2-3 minutes at a time, until the plastic's hot and pliable. Be careful not to let it in the oven too long, because the fumes given off by burning sterlite(or any plastic) are highly toxic. Once the piece is pliable, put on some thick, heat resistant pants and gloves, and try to shape the heated plastic to fit your waist and...ahem...nether regions. (I'm serious about the thick pants:facepalm).
it may take several attempts of bending, shaping, and re-heating, but once the sterlite retains the shape you want, let it cool and you've got yourself a cheap custom cod. Also, wait until you're finished this process before you add the teardrop shaped piece of plastic that goes on the front.

Hope this helps, and the best of luck

I've got a heatgun and that's the way I did my last set of armor. I think I went way out of my league on my first outing and decided to see what the trashcan, being premade shapes, looked like in comparison. I'm having trouble finding a bid for my back though. Any suggestions?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back