Tote size?

Splat762

Active Hunter
I went out today looking for a storage/transportation tote for my Fett and I was frustrated that I couldn't find anything locally. What is the perfect size (gallons/quarts) for fitting all your gear? I'd like something with wheels and a handle...I learned that the hard way. :)

I just bought a 54 gallon (think it was 54) Stanley Tuff box for the same reason. It has wheels and a handle, and it very very sturdy. It was about $60 at Home Depot.
I tried to fit it into a 24 gal but it was too small.
I am even able to fit my jetpack in there with the rocket perm. attached, I used to have to carry it by itself because of that.
I can even squeeze it into the back seat of my Evo!

I have my gear in two large Rubbermaid tubs. I found this to be hard to carry around trooping. (on the only one troop I went on so far!) I was thinking of using an old pice of luggage. I have a 28" suitcase with a pull out handle and wheels. It can be pulled while upright. I think I can fit my jetpack and armor in the different compartments. I plan on trying this for my next troop and my trip to CV.

I currently use a 45 Gallon Rubbermaid container and it is JUST big enough to fit everything in. Even then I have to remove the rocket from my jetpack to fit it in the container. I think I am going to pick up a larger size and more heavy duty container soon so I can get a better fit and have some room to spare. I also need to get one with a handle since bending down to drag my current one gets hard on the back.

Yeah that's my biggest thing is getting my jetpack in as it's now attached to my backplate. I do have a removable rocket though.

If it helps, I went along a different route. With the amount of money i spent finishing up my Fett, I thought that the least i could do was get it a quality protective container that could handle everyday use and travel. :) Pelican Cases. Yup, everything fits in there cept my Blaster and my Helmet. Helmet went into a flight bag and well, the blaster had it's on case [It doubles for my other costume guns as well.]. :)

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Good luck!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Wal Mart sells a roughneck 50 gallon container for 18 that is pretty good. I even had room to use foam pipe insulation around the sides and bottom to protect everything.

How well do you guys pad everything? Do you guys just stack everything on top of eachother and just kinda hope it doesn't get too roughed up? I found myself being rediculously paranoid, wrapping everything in bubble wrap and placing it in, making sure pieces weren't rubbing together or had cushion for a bouncy car ride. Was I being rediculous or do you guys do that too? haha

El1te

How well do you guys pad everything? Do you guys just stack everything on top of eachother and just kinda hope it doesn't get too roughed up? I found myself being rediculously paranoid, wrapping everything in bubble wrap and placing it in, making sure pieces weren't rubbing together or had cushion for a bouncy car ride. Was I being rediculous or do you guys do that too? haha

El1te

I use old beach towels to separate the armor/ hard parts... currently my stuff in in two Rubbermaid containers but I'll be transferring it all into a large wheeled suitcase soon.

Wal Mart sells a roughneck 50 gallon container for 18 that is pretty good. I even had room to use foam pipe insulation around the sides and bottom to protect everything.

I picked one of these up today and some foam to make some custom padding for parts. Seems like there is plenty of room.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back