Hasbro's Fett Blaster

Yeah, those SW kids helmets sizes are a bit ignorant... Not sure where they're finding these Lemon headed monkey children, they are basing their sizes off of.... lol

I got one today, too. Here's a pic compared to my MR blaster...

IMG00284-20100804-2041.jpg

some one posted on the RPF a pic of the sci fi blaster : whose barrel seams also shorter than the MR version
EE-3%20ROTJ%20Finished%20003.jpg

I am so gonna pick one of these up. If nothign else, for its no doubt cool pew pew pew sounds

Nate

in the UK - it is expected to be in toys r us and forbidden planet
but like all things hasbro - I presume it will eventually roll out into the general department stors - eg tesco, asda etc - or the ones you mentioned above for the US equivalent

I got one today, too. Here's a pic compared to my MR blaster...

IMG00284-20100804-2041.jpg

Ooooh, nice. I picked one up at work (I happen to work at Target). Would you be able to post the length of the barrel and the stock? The parts in this picture:
fett blasters.jpg
I want to try and custom fab a stock and barrel for this thing.

Matt

On the MR blaster, the barrel is 9 and ¼ long. Its height is 2 inches tall without ribs and roughly 2 and ½ with ribs. The stock length is about 10 ¾ along the top and 11 inches at the bottom. Height is 4 and ¾ tall at the rear and 2 and 5/8 at the front where it connects to the D-bracket. Does that all make sense?

If you need reference, a while ago I took a bunch of pics for I believe wizardofflight and posted them to my photobucket or if you need a specific shot let me knoow and I'd be happy to help you out.

On the MR blaster, the barrel is 9 and ¼ long. Its height is 2 inches tall without ribs and roughly 2 and ½ with ribs. The stock length is about 10 ¾ along the top and 11 inches at the bottom. Height is 4 and ¾ tall at the rear and 2 and 5/8 at the front where it connects to the D-bracket. Does that all make sense?

If you need reference, a while ago I took a bunch of pics for I believe wizardofflight and posted them to my photobucket or if you need a specific shot let me knoow and I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks for the measurements! I'll have to wait until I start my modding to see if I have any more questions but I think that the info you've supplied should be sufficient. Thanks again!

I had to order mine from target. No Target, Walmart, or Toys R Us in the Sacramento area had one in stock so I ordered it from Target online.

Fett 4 Real - Do you have pics of yours all painted up you can post?

Sean

Long time lurker, but this is my first time posting. Actually have some research to do on a Fett costume, so this will probably be the first post of many. Anyway, before discovering this site, I had looked on Amazon to see what was available for a Fett blaster, collector or otherwise. I saw the $600 diecast one, and the Hasbro one. The Hasbro colors were atrocious, but I comparing it to the $600 one, the shape and most of the details were correct. Granted the size is off, but I'm not in the 501st or any other exact detail group, so I just needed it to be passable.

Anyway, I painted mine black, and added some stainless steel dry brushing to bring out the details and then I sealed it with dullcote. I also added some internal metal dowels into the stock and where the stock connects to the gun for added support. I also added some very un-movie-like D-rings to the stock because it works with the way I am going to mount my shoulder strap.

The gun is actually more black than it appears in the picture, with the silver being more muted.

After seeing some of the work on this site, I hesitate to even share this info or my picture, but here goes nothing!
39618_1479866650138_1637952571_1174368_858147_n.jpg

Not bad Wagon. I would have painted it metal first and then black. Picked one up this weekend at walmart for 22$ Can. Didn't see the Fett helmet but saw the ironman helmet. It's not a bad size. better than nothing. It's pretty loud and the end has a big red light when fires. The scope is totally hollow. No clear plastic, just a tube. My son and I will share it lol.

Not bad Wagon. I would have painted it metal first and then black.

Thanks Excalibur. I did the black first because I had a can of Fusion Matte Black! hehe I wanted to be safe and use a plastic safe paint as the base coat. Otherwise I might have tried the order you suggested. Actually I bought another blaster so maybe I'll try it on that one.

The scope is totally hollow. No clear plastic, just a tube.

That's true, no simulated sight or anything. On mine, in order to totally disassemble it (so I could add my metal supports inside and so I wouldn't cover the "laser light" with paint) I had to saw off the front and rear parts of the scope. They were separate pieces that were glued onto the finished model, so I was just sawing through the glue joint. I guess I could have just sawed through half of the glue joint, keeping the piece connected to the other half of the gun, but I didn't.

When I reassembled the blaster, I didn't want to just glue the two pieces back on, I figured that would now be a weak joint, subject to breaking if any shear force were applied. So I epoxied a hollow metal tube inside one half of the scope, letting it extend out enough on each side to be able to remount the cut off pieces. The metal tube I had was almost perfect sizing (1/2" hollow metal tube, metal is 1/16" thick...got it at Home Depot in the screw and nail aisle), but I did need to enlarge the hole in each piece very slightly. The fit is very tight and doesn't actually even need glue to remount.

Between that tube, and the metal supports I added inside the stock and handle of the gun, it feels a bit sturdier and heavier. I have thought about adding some kind of a clear plastic or glass inside each end of the scope to make it look better. However, the addition of the metal tube does make looking through the scope better as it has a more uniform barrel like appearance.

I bought mine a few days ago....With the idea in mind that I can either use a pistol handle I already have and clam shell it over the existing handle...Or mabey I can find a resin handle and do the same. I'd love to see someone offer a resin handle, metal D-bracket, and stock for this. Something similar to the resin upgrade kits for the Stormtrooper blaster. :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back