E-5 Blaster Riffle Conversion Build

TREADEC

New Hunter
Hi All​

Thought i'd show you what i did for my sister
As some of you will know Sharron (Combat Girl) will soon be joining us as a costumed character, Padme' with two choices of costume, so i have decided to convert toy blaster to a B1 batle droid blaster rifle for her to screen spec to go with her Padme batle costume.
Here is some info about the rifle and the droids who used them.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-5_blaster_rifle"]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-5_blaster_rifle
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B1_battle_droid

So[/URL] i started by removing all starwars stickers and wrighting that was on the blaster.

tina367.jpg

Then i dismantled the whole blaster to gain acess to the inners.

tina341.jpg

I used a Dremel to cut away the rear stabilizer.

tina343.jpg

With some sanding left it looking like this,

tina344.jpg

tina345.jpg

tina346.jpg

I also cut away the Power cell facia ready for lengthening.

tina347.jpg

Next step was to use transparrent sheeting, this was cut to size then fixed into position, into the cooler part of the blaster.

tina360.jpg

tina363.jpg

I cut small pieces of card and used bluetac to secure to the hollows on the front grip as this is what screen spec sujests, also the front part of the stabizer had to be cut whereby i used small card again to hide the holes.

tina361-1.jpg

More to follow.​

tina357.jpg

tina353.jpg

tina356.jpg

Next step i used a hardener to fill the cooler part,this gives the effect of the cooler as a solid look.

tina358.jpg

tina359.jpg

tina365.jpg

Next was to use the filler to fill the rear part of the blaster, then sand off to a smooth finish.

tina371.jpg

tina374.jpg

tina373.jpg

Next step was the Power cell, this proved to be the most challenging part of the the build, i used 3mm ply wood, made a rough box shape.

tina368.jpg

More to follow.

Super glued this into position then as added strengh i added filler to the inside. then sanded to a finish.

tina377.jpg

tina370.jpg

tina375.jpg

Next step i fitted a piece of ply the the front stabilizer, and used 2 lollipop sticks and 2 circle pieces of wood to finish off the rear stabilizer.

The blaster has been primed with 2 coats.

More to come, final stages a couple coats of matt black and weathering.

"Question"

Should i use a laquer as for protection to the paint work....? :huh:

Here is the primed finish.

tina378.jpg

Ater 2 coats of primer i sprayed 2 coats of matt black.

100_3629.jpg

100_3630.jpg

Finally i applied the weathering scratch used look, hope this is to GK's standards.

I'm still not sure if i should lacquer it, it has a matt finish atm, so if i apply lacquer it will prob give a slight gloss finish i think, but also some protection to the paint work.

100_3646.jpg

100_3645.jpg

End product.

100_3643.jpg

100_3644.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back