Female Fett

Geektress656

New Hunter
I decided to torture myself and my perfectionist nature and design a "female version of Boba Fett" ... Now, for obvious reasons, I can't buy a standard kit of Fett armor.

Featured in my profile pic is a concept of the costume.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the armor look convincing and fit well, while still remaining in a low budget.

For now, I've been trying to work with craft foam, but it's not working as well as I had hoped. It's too angular. Not as fluid as I was hoping at all.

What would you suggest?

My fiance' (Mando_pirate) is doing hers off of that same sculpture. Whether a male or female version, "accurate boba" and "low budget" are two phrases that do not mesh, unfortunately. We are having her armor made from metal by Wickedbeard. As for the soft parts, you'll have to fab or outsource everything. The boots however are modelled after a pair made by Demonia boots and run about $80. You'll have to paint them, however, because they dont come in grey.

Not off the top of my head. She owns a pair, I'll see if she can find out for you. Good luck with the project, keep us updated.

BTW- If you're going to outsource the suit, I would suggest contacting Arkady, here on TDH. :)

I actually found some stuff at Goodwill that worked extremely well for what I needed, so that alone helps cut down on cost!

Once I get some pics uploaded, I'll post them here. Thanks for the support!

Geekstress,

I and many others on TDH can vouch for Jeff's work. His armor and paintwork are excellent. :)

As for your ammo belt, BBF does excellent sturdy leather belts w/ functional pouches and built my fiance's. It's easily one of her favorite pieces.

Galactic Bounty Hunter does nice gloves.

And for wookie braids, I'd contact Woodman.

So ... I've officially scrapped my foam armor. Eventually, Wickedbeard is going to make metal armor for me, but he won't be done in time for con season. I'm gettin a trashcan and some shears and I'm gonna have a good time!

Actually, yes, but I don't have access to a mannequin yet. I ordered on eBay for ... like ... $5, and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm planning on using it for my official Mando armor, however. I have a small trashcan that I can sacrifice for my armor in the mean time.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back