ZPrinter

TJDFett

Hunter
Have you guys ever seen this thing? It's crazy!!! It makes physical models of CAD files out of this powdery stuff and layers of adhesive. The powder had a consistency of kitchen flour.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awsome. Imagine the props you could make with this thing. If I was rich I'd buy one just to play around with and make some cool things. Blaster rifle gauntlets armour the list is endless love to see a helmet made out of this. :love

It's a Star Trek REPLICATOR !!! :lol: (I know, wrong Sci-Fi genre - Blasphemy )

It's well worth the $60K. Especially to movie/fx studios looking to nix the last few remaining
human beings that haven't already been taken over by digital tech and machines (y)

You're seeing the beginning of the end for the practical hands on human touch :lol:

I know, right! It's only rly good for prototypes and stuff because the models are hollow. But think of the possibilities! If you were good with CAD or any other type of program like it, and you knew how to work the machine, you could work for a company making prototypes. And you could be making BANK!

It's a Star Trek REPLICATOR !!! :lol: (I know, wrong Sci-Fi genre - Blasphemy )

It's well worth the $60K. Especially to movie/fx studios looking to nix the last few remaining
human beings that haven't already been taken over by digital tech and machines (y)

You're seeing the beginning of the end for the practical hands on human touch :lol:

60k, rly? I heard Fifteen.

The company Ratheon who builds all sorts of stuff, uses something like that. They've brought a few tools made using that to us. Pretty cool.

Looked it up MSRP is $59K yeh its freakin cool...this is from a company who builds our Air to Air missiles so little tools pretty much grown is kinda cool...lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back