FP Premium ESB Paint Up for Shabazz Jenkins by Deadland

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Alright I received Clint's helmet yesterday afternoon and I do have to say that Chris is a craftsman, another great premium bucket blank and ready for paint. I do have to say I love the fact that Chris includes a copy of the photo cell that is seen in the Polaroid lens on the ESB RF.

I got a chance to roughly cut out the t-visor and and drilled all the holes for the ear caps. Tonight I will sand down and smooth out the section of the T-visor that I cut out and if it comes in the mail today I will lay down a primer coat as well. On Thursday I plan to get the cold cast ear caps drilled and mounted and then onto laying some color on this bad boy!!!

DSCN1820.JPGDSCN1818.JPGDSCN1819.JPGDSCN1817.JPG

Man it has been awhile thanks to the primer that I use being on back order which finally came in on Tuesday. So I was able to put down a good layer of primer yesterday and tonight I will spray the whole helmet with RLM 76 to give it that base metal color and then mask out the necessary damage and hit it tomorrow with the bright silver. Finally moving.

DSCN1967.JPGDSCN1964.JPGDSCN1965.JPG

Yep just cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as the t-visor and taped it in, much easier than taping the whole thing off.

Well go some more work done last night and sprayed down the base metal color on the helmet as well as the left ear and will work on masking out that damage on all sections.I hope by tomorrow to have the silver layer down and to be in the process of masking out all of the silver damage tomorrow night.

DSCN1971.JPGDSCN1973.JPGDSCN1976.JPGDSCN1975.JPGDSCN1974.JPG

Got the the metal looking sections masked out this weekend and applied the coat of silver. Now to mask out all the silver damage and to apply the Lark Gray layer.

DSCN2021..JPGDSCN2023..JPGDSCN2027..JPGDSCN2026..JPGDSCN2025..JPGDSCN2024..JPG

Finally got all the silver damage masked out and put down a layer of gray. Man did that take a while!!! I should have the gray and other color masked out by the end of today with a layer going down on the back panels. My plan is to have those done by today so I can get the trim and the mandibles done by Monday. Any way in to the pics.

DSCN2057..JPGDSCN2058..JPGDSCN2056..JPGDSCN2055..JPGDSCN2053..JPGDSCN2059..JPGDSCN2054..JPG

Man, that is comign along very nice bro! I noticed you mask a lot of finer details too. I always go for the finer details after all paint is on using the tip of a self-propelling pen.

Do you brighten up the trim and mandibles? If you see the reference pics you can notice they are a tick brighter than the dome and cheeks.

But I guess you know! Great job!

BTW: have a look at my prepro paintjob ... there´s an update. ;-)

Just a little quick update. I have the back panels done but was only able to remove all the masking on the back left side before I had to leave for work. I will remove the rest today at lunch take a few more pictures and then tonight I will hit it 00 steal wool and etch in a few little details. Next stop will be the key slots back and front trim and the mandibles :facepalm

Added some additional pics

DSCN2066..JPGDSCN2068..JPGDSCN2067..JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For the creme section I use Floquil Enamel Concrete just like on the RS color breakdown, the only color that I do not use on there is the Refer Gray as it was to light and use SP Dark Lark gray in its place.

Well in between going to my best friends bachelor party in Vegas last weekend and fight for conservator-ship with my mom and aunt this week over my grandmother I did get a chance to get some stuff done. Most of this past week I have been tracing out and the masking out the final bit of damage on the back bands key slots and mandibles. Last night I was able to lay down the final color of caboose and it turned out well. In the process of working on this I have also been working on the left ear caps as well. I am hoping that by the end of this weekend Monday at the latest I should have the upper and lower cheeks done as well as the left ear cap.

DSCN2084..JPGDSCN2085..JPGDSCN2081..JPGDSCN2080..JPGDSCN2079..JPGDSCN2086..JPG

Well I got some more work done on this, I was able to get the upper and lower cheeks done. I am hoping to have both the right and left ear caps done by the end of the week. I will then spend the weekend masking out damage on the dome so i can lay down the final color.

DSCN2139..JPGDSCN2140..JPGDSCN2141..JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back