NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list!

Metal Work Update

Ok, so today I dropped by the shop to see what progress had been made. The sheet metal parts are now ordered, and a bent section has been supplied to get the parts custom bent to fit perfectly. I got there just in time to help with the bending.

Developed lengths
1da460aa.jpg

Bent sections
25f598c9.jpg

The fab guys were telling me we are looking at getting the sheet work back within a week and assembly will be a few days (y)

Webbing Update

With this time scale in mind I need to get ordering the webbing. This is what I am looking at.

Vintage style 4 Bar seat belt webbing @ 49mm
cad45a75.jpg

Vintage style weave @ 51mm
003e1042.jpg

This is the webbing for the ring mounts on the rear @ 36mm
fe7ffb6d.jpg

Gino told me he thought the weave from the webbing used from the first run of harness' was the best he had seen, here we have upped the width slightly, but retained the weave.

Lastly, and this is important I need to get a handle on who wants which type of seat belt webbing to place the order for these soon. Please post up or pm me.

Thanks
Rob.

Hello Rob, vintage 4 bar @ 49mm for me too... ESB "styley"

Looking good so far, thanks for the progress update....

On another note, how's that other little thing coming along? :)

Ok put me down for ONE SUPERTROOPER and ONE ESB.

That's two harness sets:).

BTW how many are you guys making for this run? How many spots are left to fill?

FMF

Update.

So I went to the press guys today to collect the 'brace' parts. I almost have all the parts to start fabrication. Just waiting on the rings for the webbing now, which we may get tomorrow.

So, this is where we are at.

ea492fda.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back