Sith Stalker WIP

Darth Serberus

New Hunter
Being a mad lover of the Force Unleashed game and seeing the amazing armour that Rob from 'My wicked armour' had made I felt inspired to make my own version.
I purchased a helmet off of Rob as it was very reasonably priced. Basically I couldn't make it myself for any less and his looked superb in the photos.

On recieving the helmet I decided to give it a few tweeks as I wanted to upgrade it a bit. Plus Rob is a good bit smaller than me so I had to enlarge certain bits. So within 10 mins I had it stripped down and ghost coated it with primer to see what needed doing.
DSC03320.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

Then I cut off the mouth piece and started filling the edges to crisp them up but after a while I decided to make my own mouth piece as I would take them same amount of time to make one from scratch. The new mouth piece was made with alot of car body filler and ALOT of filing and sanding. I then also made a mould of this.
DSC03351.jpg

When I took the ears pieces apart I noticed they were a little un-even and not as crisp as I would like, so I decided to get some new ones turned on a potters wheel then take a light weight cast of that.
DSC03333.jpg

I cast both pieces in aluminium resin. It is amazing stuff that you mix up and cast like a grp resin but when it is set it behaves like aluminium. Hence you can polish the hell out of it and add weathering etc. It is actually hard to tell from the real thing even if you hold it. See below for the finished pieces.
DSC03360.jpg

The helmet has got a re-shape and paint. Came really close to binning it and starting again on that too. But with a little chopping and adding, like making the visor slit rounded etc iI was starting to be a lttle happier with the way it was sitting on my big melon!
DSC03328.jpg

Cut some new side bits out of some lovely thick smooth leather then shaped and painted them. The original was painted polythene that wouldn't last 5 mins in my clumsy hands!
DSC03342.jpg

So I've added a bit of paint and laquer to seal it all.
DSC03364.jpg

It is way to shiny in the first pic but once I flatt it down, added weathering, blood spatters and a nice new optically perfect visor we are in business!
DSC03371.jpg

I ended up mounting the mouth piece on to some Vader style mesh, as details like this are unidentifiable in the game imagery I thought it would add a bit of authenticity to the lid. Bearing in mind that it is made up from bits of Mando, Boushh and Grievous. (it also helped with ventilation and vision!) I ended up sticking some more mesh in the ear pieces and at the nape of the neck.

Next up is the body armour. I actually did a very quick packing tape body cast (initially for another project) as I have no one locally who can cast me.
DSC03337.jpg

I sculpted the shoulder armour in wet clay, sealed it with a plastic spray then made a silicone jacket mould.
DSC03352.jpg

I again used the ali resin to cast the final piece and strengthened it with a fine layer of fiberglass to keep the weight down.
After a quick trim and polish.
DSC03374.jpg

I'll add some weathering and scratches later.

Next on the list was to start making my first ever lightsaber.
This first saber is Galen Mareks one that he uses before becoming the Sith Stalker.
It is then worn on the Sith Stalker belt along with the other 5 sabers that he collects from his prey.
Bearing in mind I have a total of 6 sabers hanging off my belts they need to be light weight reproductions.
I cut this one from vinyl plumbing pipe.
IMG_0017.jpg

All the other bits are foamex and acrylic.
I knocked together a little LED light board for the hilt that runs off a 3 volt watch battery to keep weight down.
IMG_0019.jpg

It may not be the most accurate saber as the artwork for it changes from media to media (that's the problem when you are doing a none movie character!), so I went for what looked the most appropriate and proportionate IMO.
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

These are the Sith Stalker claw blades that he wears on both hands.
IMG_0065.jpg

I originally made the first claw blade out of aluminium. It was lovely, light and very strong.
The only problem was it was also extremely deadly! And I suspect illegal!
One wrong move when you are half blind in your helmet and costume and little Johnny will be minus a head.
After much deliberating I went for a foamex version. I think they actually turned out better than the ali ones as they have a better thickness to them.
(... yes I know I am wearing one claw too many!)
I was able to get hold of a beautiful bit of electronics made by 'Fettronics" for the little light box that sits at the nape of the neck.
Any of you Bobba makers out there I strongly recommend these guys for your electronics. Fantastic service, super quick shipping and the PCB is a thing of beauty!(You probably guessed I'm well impressed with them!! )
IMG_0178.jpg

Anyhoo, I made a nice little light weight box out of Foamex to mount it in. Skimmed it with filler and gave it a little rub and buff.
IMG_0180.jpg

This will then be poppered onto a leather base that attaches to the armour.

Decided to dive in and start the rib armour.
Firstly I sketched on a rough layout for the shape.
DSC03470.jpg

Then I sculpted the armour profile in wet clay onto my forma. I've decided to do one side at a time for the sake of ease.
That silver finish is just a protective spray coat that stops the sculpt drying out.(not that there's much chance of that in this weather!!)
DSC03473.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

Next I took a silicone mould and cast it in the same aluminium resin that I did the shoulder piece in.
I decided to do a silicone cast of the little light box too after seeing it next to the other aluminium resin pieces it looked like poo!
'Rub and Buff' is great stuff but it doesn't hold up to the finish you get with the aluminium resin.
DSC03531.jpg

DSC03530.jpg

Pulled the moulds on the light box and the chest armour.
Cast (yet again!!) in the ali resin. Hot glued in the pcb and velcro strap to hold the battery box in place. Not the prettiest from behind, but hey, who's gonna see that?
DSC03529.jpg

Looks like the real deal from the front compared to the foamex, rub and buffed version. The ali resin allows you to gouge nice big slashes and chunks out of it, basically as any metal would(apart from adamantium that is LOL)
DSC03528.jpg

Aluminium Resin cast on right, foamex original on left.
DSC03526.jpg

The rib armour is made in the same way as the light box the only difference being that it got a layer of fibre glass for strength.
Now it just needs a good sand and rub down with wet and dry then I'll give it a polish when I make the other side.
DSC03533.jpg

Thinking of mounting this with quick release buckles to the leather armour that's worn underneath.

Had another bash at some lightsabers.
I need a working saber known as a 'Sith Claymore' that would be light enough to hang on my belt with the 6 other sabers and have a detatchable blade.
Dougie Fett kindly sold me his MR Luxeon conversion Vader saber(cheers mate!) . With the guts of this I could use for the Claymore and the rest of the saber I could use to make a light weight Vader saber(another of the 6 sabers that hang on the belt!)
Much the same as the Galen Mereck saber I cut a load of PVC pipe to size and shaped some pieces of foamex for the Claymores pointy fins.
DSC03545.jpg

...and the same for the Vader, using the original as a template.
DSC03548.jpg

Once everything was sanded I fitted the guts of the Vader into the main chassis of the Claymore and used a thunb screw instead of a grub screw to hold the blade in place.(saves having to get out an allen key everytime you want to remove the blade.
DSC03547.jpg

For the pommel I turned a piece of hard wood on a lathe then skimmed it and gave it a metallic finish.
I added plumbers compression washers, a pretty red button and screwed the fins into position and hey presto...
a working Sith Claymore!
DSC03562.jpg

Those Luxeons sure are bright buggers!
DSC03567.jpg

The Vader is a bit rough around the edges, but it is barely seen as another saber sits on top of it on the costume.
So now there are 3, phew! Only 4 to go!!
DSC03560.jpg

Awsome job on everything and looks great.
I've had some e-mail conversations with Rob. He's a great guy and does impressive work. If anyone doesn't know about his work they should head over to his website.
Cheers

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back