Fist full of lightsabers

WhiteShadow

Active Hunter
Here are two sabers I've built. The first was put together using parts I had around the house (anyone interested in a list of these can drop me a PM). It's pretty much a decorative hilt as I didn't work in any room for elecronics. With the second saber I planned things out a little better. I also rigged up a makeshift lathe out of an old hammer drill. I included lights and sound (using a mish-mash of Hasbro boards) and allows for blade installation if I want. I'm currently building a kind of blending of Luke's ANH and ESB sabers (should have pics up soon-ish). I would greatly appreciate any feedback...suggestions...whatever...thanks

PICT0084.JPGPICT0080.JPGPICT0073.JPGPICT0078.JPG

don't sell yourself short there little fett...as for parts and materials...the first one I made out of some aluminum tube I found, the pommel is a metal gas cap and a focusing ring from a broken telescope, a bunch of O-rings, some lamp parts, and a commercial grade spigot (which was the only thing I think I bought just for this project)...the second one made completely out of aluminum...the "blade tuning flanges" were cut from aluminum stock and filed to shape...the electronics were from a anakin CW saber but I replaced the LED with a K2 and replaced the speaker with a better one I got from an old cordless speakerphone...thanks for the feedback too

I like the first one more. looks more original than the second one. The bump thing at the end of the hilt reminds me of Anakin's saber too much.

Well, I used Anakin's saber as a reference for the emitter portion...actually, Anakin's saber style is quite common...Grievous had a couple of sabers that looked almost like Anakin's in his collection...

I've just completed the hilt below (sans electronics)...my attempt at a reproduction of a Anakin/Luke saber...

GRAFLEX_BUILD1.jpgGRAPHLEX_BUILD2.jpg

I wanna see it with a blade installed :) I've always wanted to build my own double bladed saber. :D I wouldnt know where to begin. Yours look so awesome!

El1te

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back