How was it to be a Star Wars Fan, when there was no internet?

yep! Sears catalog, JC Penny. We had a Toy World here and also KMART too. I got all my Topps trading cards from a neighborhood store down the street from my house and Andromeda book store downtown, where I got all my SW comics, Starlog issues with SW coverage ect. Those were the days!!

Since we're talking memories of days gone by...
Remember when the Clones weren't all based on Jango... that there were 212 Mandalorians TOTAL sent in to the Clone Wars on the Emperor's side (and only 3 survived - one being Boba)... and retconning was pretty much an unheard of thing or unfathomable in the Star Wars world given George's typical attention to detail???

Along with Sears, Montgomery Wards, JC Penny's, we also had a store called TG&Y in California. I vividly remember walking in and making an immediate right to the toy section. I had all the 12" ACTION FIGURES that were release with of course Boba being my Favorite. I can't even tell you how many SW 3 3/4" figures I blew up, shot up, or burned up as they fought along side my GI Joe's. Ah, the memories. I also remember seeing Star Wars at the Mann Chinese Theater when it first came out......that feels like along time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Hey Nate, i'll take a Cantina set for $7.88! Nice.

I remember catalogues like that, but not for Star Wars items, but then I was only 5 years new. I remember the figures alright, and the inflateable lightsaber on the end of the torch (sorry, flashlight) and the 'sellotape' punture repairs :), but I remember my full collection of the Blue set of bubble gum cards with most affection.

Wow! Those ads bring back some memories. I could say still have 85% of that stuff. Man, the Christmas catalogs were like crack. ***! I don't remember myself but I remember my grandmother telling me I would call all the toy story in town to see if they had certain figures in stock and what the price was. Down here at the *** end of Texas it was Sears, Wards, Ardan's, TG&Y, Woolco, FEDMart, Krogers, MAC's Toys and Circus World and one on place had everything. It was like you gotta go here to get this then over here to get that. Now it just a few keystrokes on the internet and a few days later, back account emptier, toys in hand. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back