Rubies repaint for Lexusnyny by Deadland

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Well Pete (Lexuasnyny) approached me to do a repaint on his Rubies helmet that he received as part of the Deluxe costume that he recently purchased. When he first sent me pictures of the lid I was shocked that something like that was allowed to be sold. I mean it looks like someone took a paint brush and took a few swipes at it. He did not want a complete repaint so I told him that to me the most important part to Fetts lid is the the front. So we agreed on me repainting the mandibles, Dome dent, cat scratch and replacing the visor, which will be a task.

I was able to get some primer on it this weekend and plan on laying down the bright silver coat tonight so I can then start masking out the damage and move on to the next color. Below you will see pics of the mandibles before and after the primer was put down.

DSCN1786.JPGDSCN1787.JPGDSCN1788.JPGDSCN1780.JPGDSCN1779.JPGDSCN1782.JPG

my god ... what a ****** paintwork there was! Unbelievable! The shape of the helmet looks pretty decent to me so I am curious what you will make of it!

It will be a great helmet afterwards!

I´ll keep an eye on this one bro! :)

Yeah I was amazed to see the paint job myself the fact the LFL and Rubies thought something like that was O.K.

Well I was able to put down the bright silver layer last night so when I get home from work tonight I will start masking out the silver damage so I can lay down the gray either tonight or tomorrow.

DSCN1790.JPGDSCN1789.JPGDSCN1791.JPG

Made some more progress, put down the gray coat and removed the masking fluid covering the silver. Now I will work on masking out the the gray and silver and spray the next coat PPR Maroon.

DSCN1803.JPGDSCN1800.JPGDSCN1802.JPG

Well got some work work done on this. Re-masked out all of the previous damage as well as the new and put down a coat of PPR Maroon. Now to re-mask everything again and PPR Maroon damage and put down the final color of Caboose and then that should do it for the mandibles.

DSCN1842.JPGDSCN1840.JPGDSCN1841.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bro, I will be masking off a few more spots tonight and should be ready to spray the next color down tonight!!!

wow, brother, you have got this layered technique down very well! i am very impressed with you work, lately...this lid will be fantastic! looking foward to watching this...=)

Got the caboose put down last night and the front mandibles are done, I will have to paint the rest of the ribon around the helmet so that the colors match as their color is off. At this point now I will move onto the front dome section and fix the dent and the cat scratch as their atempt is just plain sad:cry.

DSCN1970.JPGDSCN1968.JPGDSCN1969.JPG

long over due update, I got the gray layer put down last night and should have the necessary damage masked out by tonight so I can put down the green layer and just add the kill stripes. Once that is done I will be replacing the visor and hopefully getting this shipped back to lex by the end of the week.

DSCN2061..JPGDSCN2060..JPGDSCN2063..JPGDSCN2062..JPG

Alright got the kill stripes done last night and removed all the masking fluid today. All that is left on this bad boy is a wash and a few little touch-ups before hitting it with a dulcoat to seal it up. I will also be installing a new visor on this which should be done by Friday. Any way on to the pics and the first one is the helmet as it originally came.

IMG_1430..JPGDSCN2069..JPGDSCN2072..JPGDSCN2073..JPGDSCN2071..JPGDSCN2074..JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back