a Noob Seeking any and all advice

lawdawg 35

Jr Hunter
Greetings to all,

I am brand new at this and have no idea what I am doing, but I am a huge Fan of Boba Fett and it has always been a dream of mine to have my very own costume. i am hoping for any and all tips in regards to how to proceed. Thanks in advance for accepting me into your forum!

Mike Bryant
lawdawg 35

hey brother, welcome! always neat to see Fett fans come aboard! first things first, you gotta set a budget...are you willing to dish out the dough for the best, or are you wanting to trim edges to save some money...many of us have invested over $3000, and upwards to $5000...but there are some nice costumes that members have done for less...but the money is always the first thing you have to decide on...

there are many tutorials and guides on how to build your own stuff here, and paint your own stuff...and there are also many talented members that offer services as well...if you are handy with paint, it will save you lots of money....=)

do your research, ask questions, and the search engine is a good friend...ill be here to help out if you need anything, along with everyone else here...dont be afraid to ask, and when buying stuff, reference everyone you buy from...good luck!

oh yeah, we love progress pics too...cheers!

D

thanks for the post I really Appreciate it....My budget is somewhat open....My main problem is I am not mechanically or artistically inclined. I have done quite a bit of reading here and on other web sites and have seen some amazing things. I would like to try to do some of it my self so that I can say I did. I am pretty sure I can not make the armor my self but trimming and painting might not be out side the realm of possibility with some guidance. I have joined the academy at my local 501st Garrison and have been assigned an advisor who has a completed ESB Fett, so I have him for help as well. My mother in Law is a very talented seamstress and has agreed to assist me with the soft parts, but I wasn't sure where to get a pattern for the jump suit. I found patterns for the other soft parts on another thread on this site, which are great, but nothing on the jump suit. Do you recommend starting from scratch or modifying a 'Dickies Jump suit"? how does one accomplish the "Mod" if that is the way to go? I have sent E-mails to SgtFang and FettPride in reference their helmets, but have not heard back from them yet (just sent the e-mails today--So no big deal) This is getting long and I don't want to keep you, but I really appreciate the help.....May the Force be with you.....

Mike

http://www.kwiksew.com/catalog/cat_detail.cfm?pid=3389 A guy posted this Im sure you could have her add some pockets and modify the collar area and add sleeves to the arms....Ive lurked around for a good while and have a stupid good memory, so I can look at something and remember the little things. So use the search function alot its a great tool they just made it better by making it three letter word capable...and use your friend from your garrison. Also if you cant find the answer to a question ask, everyone is pretty friendly and will do their best to help out. And once again theres a lot of people who make parts and the cargo hold has people selling stuff all the time...this past week I could have built a complete ROTJ SE fett with what was in there for about $2000 bucks. Maybe less if you tried make a deal. Thats EVERYTHING from head to toe. Patience is another thing you need if you want to do it the cargo hold or having parts made way...but people do make and paint parts Bobamaker makes really good stuff booboo fett, Fett Pride just to name a few but once again all depends on your budget and what you want to get. I think Ive dumped 2500 into mine already and still need a few parts and paint, which Ill be doing myself

Welcome to the fray, bruv. Any way I can help, I'll be happy to do so. Make sure you keep an eye on the Cargo Hold and Costume forums for interest or sale threads. Be patient and you'll make out just fine. :)

thanks dsonik....i am amazed at the hugecollective of people who share my passion for all things star wars esp. Boba fett..the responses I have been receiving have really put me at ease esp. with my general state of ignorance regarding costuming...looking forward to getting to know you better..i sent you a friend request....

And it has been accepted. I was in the same boat as you just this past October and the help from all the other members has brought me pretty up to speed, quickly. One thing I have learned for sure..... You never stop learning about Fett. lol

I think I learn a few things a day reading here...and some days I get confused by things like the Right gauntlet switches that are in some pics from ROTJ and not in others

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back