Rogue Studios' ESB Color list & Painting Techniques

I disagree with his color choice for that... but its whats on his list. I usualy use RLM green (one of the mediums) that has that more forest deep green.

* RLM Green (Left ear) - F505056

This Green? And are correct all the colors? Please, I need know it. Thanks to all.

PD: The last question. Chrome or bright silver?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finaly after waiting got my package from Testors... light blue for the jet pack AINT THE COLOR. Please someone help me. I wanted to touch up where my jet pack becon got ripped off and not it looks as though that aint gonna h appen any time soon. I wish someone would update the master list withe the paint identification number. The unspesific labels arnt much help and i have noticed a ton of people who have had issues. Goot paint colors arnt worth spit unless you know the right one to get.

And on the left ear, Lee, you claimed it was Panzer olive green on your most recent list, that aint right... its obviously a more pine green color. RLM 83 Light green is the color I have allways used and it looks close enought to me. You can add a few drops of your dome color to make it a bit closer.

Any help on the jet pack blue color would be great!

Thanks bro, in the next week or so Spidey and my self are going to do two things, I am going to round up all of my favorite lee picks that I use as well as my ROTJ pics and post the name, color number and type of paint along with a flash/noflash pic of painted swatches. Spidey will be finding matches at the local wallmart/mj designs of the 99 cent paints and posting swatches and names for thoughs as well.

Thanks bro, in the next week or so Spidey and my self are going to do two things, I am going to round up all of my favorite lee picks that I use as well as my ROTJ pics and post the name, color number and type of paint along with a flash/noflash pic of painted swatches. Spidey will be finding matches at the local wallmart/mj designs of the 99 cent paints and posting swatches and names for thoughs as well.

Sounds like quite a project!!! Definately can't wait to see what you come up with!!! Should be very handy!!!:)
D

Justin,

Lee told me to use Floquil "Light Blue" #F110051. That is what is on my pack.

Mine too
I did weather mine with Grimy black, but it's Floquil Light Blue underneath

fett armour 070.jpg

I've read that white is actually the color of the ROTJ jet pack side tanks, thruster nozzles, etc.....but it always looks more like a silver-gray in the pics. What kind of weathering do you guys do to achieve that proper effect???

(I know this isn't helmet related, but the last few posts have featured ROTJ jet packs. :p )

I've read that white is actually the color of the ROTJ jet pack side tanks, thruster nozzles, etc.....but it always looks more like a silver-gray in the pics. What kind of weathering do you guys do to achieve that proper effect???

(I know this isn't helmet related, but the last few posts have featured ROTJ jet packs. :p )

Weathered Black, Grimy Black or Black. Take your pick and practice misting.

Hey, thanks folks. Unfortunately that is the first and only pack I have ever painted to this point. I think that was about 3 years ago but I am working on another and I'll pop some pics as soon as we get the pack completed.

I have a question about sealing the helmet...after I apply the silver do I need to seal it prior to the first coat of paint? My concern is that once I start to make my scratches they may go through to the primmer layer. Suggestions?

~Kevin

I have a question about sealing the helmet...after I apply the silver do I need to seal it prior to the first coat of paint? My concern is that once I start to make my scratches they may go through to the primmer layer. Suggestions?

~Kevin

RS might have a alternate method but I seal every coat to protect from masking tape pulling anything up.

Am I just blind and missing this on the list or what? I see for the mandibles, the darker gray around the main gray is PRR Maroon, but what exactly is the main gray used on the mandible weathering? Is it the same color as the gray on the green dome and cheeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to use SP Lark Dark Grey around the scratches, and flint gray for the super light grey marks. The PRR Maroon is the dark red around the scratches. Needs to be dark end a tad.

You can seal the paint with any clear coat lacquer. I like testors brand semigloss. Thats what I use.

After recently painting my gauntlets I am really having a hard time thinking that Wisconson Central Maroon is the correct color. It seems really too dark and almost too brownish as opposed to redish to be correct. I've looked at it in all different kinds of lighting conditions and it always just seems too dark. Anyone have any suggestions to the contrary?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back