A BIG OPTIMUS PRIME

Well the scaling is done, the sculpting starts in the morning.

Total height is 44inches tall and for reference I put my Scorpinock on Primes' hip.

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0309.jpg

Yea this was sealed. It was a feat...

Quick shot of Primes' nose / face layout... This will be interchangeable with a "guarded" face plate.
Sorry for the ****** phone pic.. I need a card reader for my computer to get the pics off the camera - So it's the phone for now.
PrimeNose.jpg

Hey thanks everyone!!

Looks good! What clay are you using?

I am using Chavant NSP (Non Sulphur Plasteline) Hard. The medium is what I normally use, but this stuff really hardens after you heat and let it cool down, and you can get some amazing detail with it. Very inexpensive also - 158.00 for a 40lb case.

Thanks!! Yea that's War Machine's head on the left, Optimus in the middle and Iron Man on the right - Gonna try to do all three at one time... Should be one hell of a feat...

Yea I'm actually waiting for the one I sent to my tech to come back with all the lights and screens. But if you're just wanting a shell, i can knock one out for you or any one else who'd be interested in one. PM me for more info.

Just remember, Those in the pics, are the heads for the statues I am doing. I was going to wait for my tech to send me back the first faceplate I did, but I might just go ahead and knock out the shells like I said before and just let everyone do the tech themselves.

Quick update - only had a few minutes today to work on this - so I started the bridge of the nose, now I can cast and sand it, as the rest of the head will be scaled and based off this one part... Because all of the cuts are straight, I am using a blade more than tools, but I have to be honest, trying to sculpt the "damage" in there, like the dings, nicks and scrapes - it's tough...
DSC04849.jpg

Here's a tip (you may already know this): take a plastic bag , put it on the area you want to do the damage to, then use a tool to make a small scrach or dent, and when you take the bag off you should have a nice and clean mark.

Oh man that was the first thing I tried...

For some reason, you can't do that with this clay; it just comes out looking like **** :-(

Is there a specific trick you use?? Anything I do, unless I straight out sculpt it, doesn't work. Only downside for me with this clay. ::Shrugs::

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back