mandalorian with a bow

Long gun

New Hunter
I want to use a compound bow for a mando build I am considering.
I thought I read in one of the bounty hunter books that Boba Fett used one on a mission where the person had some sort of sensor net that would have alerted him to energy readings in the area.
would probably use my 80s Bear looks like this pik HOHHT30NSZBGH.jpg except is has green and black camo panted on it:facepalm:cry (btw i did not do the painting was givin 2 me that way). anyway would this be "mandalorian" enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be very wary of using actual weapons if you are intending to troop, the police take a very dim view of it. I'd hate to see you arrested or worse: shot.

What might be an idea is using a bowcaster as a weapon, or perhaps simulate the use of a bow, with a quiver of arrows (Just the heads, no actual arrows) and a backpack containing what looks like a constructable bow. You could then use the compound bow for photo and press shots.

Going stick with Saz on this one and say that ALOT of places are going to have big issues with you bringing in a live weapon, even if you don't have any arrows in it. I would go with the bow-caster personally. There is to my knowledge no real Star Wars precedent for a traditional bow for you to even draw inspiration from.

Agreed. Maybe you could dismantle the bow for parts, but it is a REALLY BAD idea to bring live weapons to most places. Ren-fairs let u get away with it only if you are peace tied (i.e. no way to draw the weapon) However, they are the only ones I know of.

According to the link you just sent, no entry exists for a bow. At least that's what the page says LOL.

shab bad link and was a direct copy past
but if u look at the post above this one the link is good

Nice find!

Now your going to need to figure out how to either make a replica bow, or how to make your current bow noticeably unusable. Because if you have a functional bow and anything that someone may *think* is a real arrow...heh your going to be in a world of hurt at a convention.

BTW; from tales of the bounty hunters. REad that book like 20 times... IG-88's story was the best though.

I like the idea, but yeah, there would be some people who would freak. I ditto the crossbow idea. Not the same... but hey, we don't live on Mandalore! (i wish...)

BTW; from tales of the bounty hunters. REad that book like 20 times... IG-88's story was the best though.

I like the idea, but yeah, there would be some people who would freak. I ditto the crossbow idea. Not the same... but hey, we don't live on Mandalore! (i wish...)

yea i wish we were on mandalore to, but actully it would be legal in my state to open carry it.

It may be legal in your state but many cons/ public gatherings will prohibit it, which will make it illegal at that point (at least in most states including KY, which is one of the most lax states in weapons laws). BTW, I just have to ask... what's a mandalorina? lol is it a cross between a mando and a ballerina? lmao jk jk

i thought about using a bow a while back just replacing the rope or whatever you call that stuff with el wire , i think it would work

This thread randomly reminded me of an anime that had a character with a bow that kind of expanded out of his wrist/gauntlet. Could be an interesting idea to build an expanding gaunt mounted bow. Not sure if it's practical really, but I'm going to be thinking about it for a while more if nothing else.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back