first set of armor

demonspawn93

New Hunter
I recently started making my first set of beskar'gam, out of 1/8" aluminum sheet for the body and fiberglass for the helm and gauntlets. I have looked at Beviin Verhayc's youtube tutorials for getting the plates into the right shape and I was wondering if anybody has some suggestions for someone with a somewhat low budget and very little experience. I currently have some of the chest pieces cut out and I'm working on assembling the pepakura for the helm. I will post some pictures when I get them.

here are some pictures of the chest pieces
12-25-08259.jpg
12-25-08260.jpg

these were taken by the person who is helping me with this, using his camera, in the machine shop we have access to. They were cut on a plasma cutter and still need to be shaped. They were done using Wizardofflight's templates, which I converted to .DXF with a program I found. The helmet and gauntlets are in progress as well, and are being made using skip's pepakura templates. I will have pictures of those as well eventually, and I'm hoping to fiberglass them or something fairly soon.
Edit: Pics of helmet progress:
faceandear.jpg

domepartial.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are trying to dish metal, then your going to need to buy some basic tools. 1. A dishing stump. 2. A forming stake. 3. A ball-peen hammer. These are the most basic of ingredients for metal armor working that you can't get around having. Unfortunately, there isn't much about making good metal armor that is low-budget because it takes several tools to move metal.

what kind of things make good dishing stumps and forming stakes? i saw in the youtube videos that a tree stump with a dent cut into it and a gas canister was used. Also, what kind of materials make good t-visors, soft parts, and things to attach the legplates and gauntlets with?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back