Ep.II clone pep.

lunarlord

Jr Hunter
So I started making the helmet and then relized it was way to small so then i blew up the file height to 330mm the biggest i could get it and have the back part fit on one page and im not sure if its going to fit cuz the neck seal doesnt fit around my head so should i keep going and finish it or just junk it. B/c idk if after FG-ing it if i can cut the mask part off and get the rare earth magnets and have a 2 part mask. Is that a good idea ??? Thanks.

I'm guessing you're using the Dung0beetle EP.II helmet? Scaling peps is the hardest thing. Their biggest strength, that they a based entirely on a digital file, is their biggest weakness in this respect since they have never been test fitted... I've built a lot of peps that don't fit. In my build project of one of Ekip's EP.II helmets I'm on my third full sized helmet due to fit issues (and I've cut out three others that simply got scrapped during the first build session!).

Here are my Tips I'm also guessing you're using pepakura designer:

1. Pick your scale - 300mm is a good starting point (I believe this comes from Stormtrooper helmet land) but remember to take into account any extras that add to the height and not the helmet size (fins, Mohawks, rangfinders etc.)
2. Print out the helmet on normal paper (preferably recycled - you'll see why soon). But Don't cut out all the pieces straight away (you're probably past this point already)
3. Find the pieces that make up the "brow" or "Hatband" portion of the helmet (the parts that fit around your head at the height of your eyebrows) and cut out only these parts and join them together to form a ring for test fitting make sure you also allow for padding - I'd want at leat 10mm (3/8 inch) gap all around and probably more like 20mm.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 until you get a good fit. Hence the recycled paper at step 2.
5. Print out the helmet on whatever paper or card stock you want to use for the "final".
6. Cut-out all the parts and start building...

I wouldn't worry about things like neck rings not fitting, there are ways around this once the helmet is built. The main thing is having a helmet that fits, overall.

Good Luck

WIP cardstock 60% done

PA161214.JPG

PA161213.JPG

PA161216.JPG

PA161212.JPG

PA161215.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back