noob question, starting with nothing

ebooze

Jr Hunter
hey guys ,great site, im a noob with nothing and wanting to get started so i figure i need a good bucket. I have been searching this site and the two that stand out are the fettpride helmets, the budget and the premium both look good. so do you guys have any advise? I am a long time toy customizer and hobbist so i have experiance with resin, resin models,vinylmodels,airbrushes,dremels,different paints,casting,molding,fabrication, and sculpting. I live in a pretty rual area so not a whole lot of trooping going on here. but i do have to say this site is amazing so much knowledge and resources ,any question about fett gear i can think of can be answered on this site. so 4 more posts and i get to be a member and maybe get to talk to fettpride about those helmets

the bucket is the most central piece. you could be wearing the ILM original costume with a bad bucket and nobody would notice that the rest of the costume was flawless. get the FP premium. it all starts with the right bucket. if you skimp, you'll eventually get irritated to the point of buying a new one. good luck

hey brother, welcome! both of the FP helmets are amazing pieces of work...you would be happy with either...it really depends on what kind of budget you are on...both helmets are extremely accurate, so as far as that is concerned, you cant go wrong...

alot of costuming is about how much money you are willing to spend...there are many resources for those that are DIY'ers...there are also many talented vendors that can get you setup as well...take some time to do some research, and set out a goal for what you are wanting and willing to spend...if you want a great Fett, you need to expect to spend a large sum of money...some of us, myself included, spend upwards of 3k towards their costume...and honestly, the more you skimp at the beginning, the more you are going to spend when you realize what you couldve had...upgrading is always prevelant when you get into it...lol...so take your time, and save for those better items...it pays off in the long run...

there are many people here, including myself, that will be happy to answer any questions you may have...do your research...ask about different vendors, do a reference check, if you will...the active members will be able to keep you up to speed on what is available, quality, not quality, etc...we are here to help, so give us a shout! once again, welcome, brother...

Astro and Fettdad have said it all. Bucket first and that you will send a good chunck of change on this costume as apposed to others. Welcome to the board and ask as many questions as you need we are here to help each other!!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back