INT: Considering tackling ACCURATE Jango Boots

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
Hey Guys...I used to have my own Jango back in the day, and I had some Kenneth Cole MT Fuji boots (the lace up version to the kilimanjaro) which were probably the only accurate thing in my costume lol.

Anywho, over the years I've seen the atrocities that have arisen from such as ReinOne. And how the abundance of accurate Jango Boots just is NON-EXISTANT.

Well, for the longest time I've seen people constructing boots (SFP, Evolution, a few other subsidaries on ebay, etc) that just aren't accurate enough, atleast for TDH standards we have set the bar for.

Well, I know the biggest thing said is "If someone could just produce an accurate sole."

So I have been toying with the notion of getting 8 different molds of 8 different sizes of the Jango boot sole.

From mens size 6 to mens size 13. I will be asking ANY of our forum members who have a size in this range to allow me to take a one time mold of the left and right boot. No harm will come to the boots whatsoever that are to be molded. It will be a simple silicone mold.

I am going to attempt to mold one set of boots first, and research a castable rubber material that will be suitable for footwear and hold up to the rigourous enviormental standards of costuming.

If everything goes well, I will then get the remaining sizes molded, and will seek out a cobbler or shoemaker who is willing to complete the boot making process to offer more accurate Jango Boots.

So with that said. Anyone interested?

If you're able to get the soles produced, I'd certainly be interested in a set... I know a cobbler here in Ottawa that specializes in making custom shoes and boots, but I'd need soles to put on them.

I'd been toying with the idea of making a mold of the soles of my wifes boots ( which are really close knockoffs ) and altering them to fit my foot better... but your idea would be far better.

As I thought of the exact same thing a month or so ago I wondered to myself why hasn't someone done this already. I think it is a great idea. LOL I just got a pair of boots with accurate soles that I am modifying right now... they are a little tighter than I would like so I might be up for these replicas if they become available. Final decision pending price of course.

Give me a shout. I already made molds of my size 11 acurate soles before I ever even wore them, but we could always cast my boots up again if you think we need to. Let me know if you want some help.

I have a women's size 9M if you wanna use these.

its missing the groove details in the arch, but other than that its pretty spot on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Give me a shout. I already made molds of my size 11 acurate soles before I ever even wore them, but we could always cast my boots up again if you think we need to. Let me know if you want some help.

Yes, if you could give me a few shots of your mold, to see if its got all the parts im looking for in each cast, that would be great.

I have a women's size 9M if you wanna use these.

its missing the groove details in the arch, but other than that its pretty spot on.

I am unfortunately looking for sizes with the full sole details. Thank you for your contribution, but I think we might have a womens size 9 (Mens 7) with the full sole to mold.

Mainly I'm lookin at needing a Men Size 6, Size 8, Size 9, Size 10, Size 12 and Size 13 to mold. They are the ones we lack still. With FettFanatics and another source for the Size 7, we will need to track down either bed stu's, pradas, real KCs, or the full sole.

just the size I'd need:D I hope this production can take off. The boots are the only thing I'm really struggling on finding.

Awwwwww come on Gilmore....I'm sure you meant to start at a men's size 5...right?? ~sniffle~

FANGS...search for Prada boots. They have some boots with the exact same accurate sole, except they are Women's sizes, so they will fit you.

Here's the deal guys, first off, we need the soles first. The problem is, I've had 3 people offer up their shoes for casting.

If we want Size 6-13....thats 7 sizes I need...

So unless I can start off by getting the sizes...just because all those shoes have different size soles, so if we even want to get started with tryin to do a boot run....we have to start with the sole, so we can find a boot maker who can then put an accurate boot top on those soles.

So, I need 7 pairs of shoes that I can mold the bottoms to start everything off.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back