Leaving for Afghanistan

Thanks for all the the well-wishes and good lucks:) Means a lot.

Hopefully I´ll have time while I´m there to write a few words every now and then about how things are going and what´s going on. :)

Do it to it!, watch them roads....and power lines, they like to put stuff up there now. I'll be headin back down this fall. stay safe

Yeah, I´ll be tilting my head back every time we pass a power line now:) Thanks for the tip though, you always tend to think roadside IED´s are in the ground or thereabouts.

BTW, I'll be stationed in Mazar-e Sharif, not Kabul as I previously stated.

I'm guessing you US-guys will be in the south for the most part?

good luck is all i can say.

i have just sent my application to V&S Rygge with the hope of joining Norways Nasjonale Innsatstyrker with and i am considering international service after that my self.

good luck again

Several of my friends are over there building forward operating bases and infrastructure for the US military. Certainly not something you want to do for years because they works 80 hours a week and being away from home in eventually draining. However, they all say something to the effect of "I will never do anything to top this in my life" and "it's the most amazing thing I have ever done." I hope you have a similar experience. Stay safe.

Several of my friends are over there building forward operating bases and infrastructure for the US military. Certainly not something you want to do for years because they works 80 hours a week and being away from home in eventually draining. However, they all say something to the effect of "I will never do anything to top this in my life" and "it's the most amazing thing I have ever done." I hope you have a similar experience. Stay safe.

That's more or less the same feedback all my friends that have been down there give me as well. Hopefully it will be the same for me, but there are no guarantees until you set your foot on your home turf again, fully intact both physically and mentally:)

Just popping by to say hi to all and see how things are going over here. Haven´t been by for a looong time due to predeployment training. I´ll hopefully be back in here and a little more active when I get back and have time to do more costume work.

I´m deploying to Mazar-e Sharif next week and I´ll try to stay in one piece the next 6 months.

We sadly lost 4 excellent soldiers last night, which was a big blow to all of us back here. We just keep getting reminded that the work down there is far from finished and the afghani people still need help.

Keep your head down and your powder dry man, go get'em....stay safe and my best for a safe return for you and your brothers and sisters. Thanks for your service!!!

Be safe bro. I just got back from a year tour in Afghanistan in March and rotated through MEZ a couple times while in country. I had a great time working with a lot of different NATO forces. Thanks for your service.

Sean

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back