It's D Day! Zombies are amoung us. How Would you Survive?

cal196

Well-Known Hunter
As an Influx of zombie movies and other zombie related things seem to be popping up all over the place. I just wondered what would be some peoples top things for survival.

Food, Water, Lodging, Transportation aside what are 5 Things you would look for and try to keep at all times, And 1 Item you would have to have no matter what in the case of a Zombie Raid that you had to go outside in.

There are my top 5 things.

tactical-riot-gear.jpg

This would be my first priority would have to alter it a bit to cover some exposed areas though.

2. http://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/midland 75-822 cb2.jpg
I figure there will be plenty of cars around.

3. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Beretta_92_FS.gif
Beretta 9mm

2mfd8hv.gif
In Close Combat this thing could do some serious Damage.

Lets Hear some of you're thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm Zombies...

1. Thing: Biteresistent Gear. Thus, Thick Leather and Aramid

2. A European Longsword. I is long, sharp on both sides and it can keep the zombies on distant

3. A semiautomatic Bullup 12 Gauge. on closer ranges it will burst the heads apart. Semi auto is better because you can often come in situations where you need the second hand elsewhere. Bullop is good for better handling in close quartes - also you can handle the recoil better when firing onehanded

4. Many many many Sidearms. Gauntlets with a atleast 30cm long switchblade would be come handy

5. A tubing hose and a gascan to suck the tanks of abandon cars dry XD

MP5 shoots 9mm Way to fast for me...I think ill stick with my M4 maybe a m203 grenade launcher on there... a .45 pistol with lots of ammo for both. If my crew is still around we still will have our helo and my favorite guns...
6914.jpg
or
Mini-gun%20R3%207.jpg

body armor would be a nice thing to have too

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, unfortunately, that Med Kit....won't do you much good if you get bitten. If you get bitten your F'd.

So ditch the med kit, it will only weigh you down without much use in the long run.

Probably the same with the riot suit. While practical it might seem, it will weigh you down, and make it hard to run when needed. Remember, rule # 1....CARDIO.

So the first thing I would have:
686007.gif

A good comfortable set of running shoes. At the pinnacle of ZDay, Zombies will probably be fast still due to the lack of atrophy and muscle deterioration. So you will need to be ready to RUN when needed, and possibly for a long stint.

So, with that said....Number 2:

fiveseven.jpg

The FN 5.7 IOM. Similar model to the 5.7 Tactical that was used in Battlestar Galactica. This thing has a standard mag capacity of 20 rounds. Extended Mags of 35 rounds. Not only that, but I owned one till it was stolen out of my car, but was the only pistol I've ever owned where the first shot right out of the box, I put the round through a quarter at about 30 feet away. Accurate and no recoil whatsoever.

Number 3:

M14EBR.jpg

The m14 EBR. .308 chambered at semi and full auto, and the US military's only standard issue weapon that had an MOA of less than 1.5. As a tactical Assault Rifle and a precision rifle, it just doesn't get much better. You can also get 20 and 30 round mags for this. So fire power is pretty good with it.

Number 4:

D-209-350.jpg

Lock picking tool. Pretty self explanitory. Lodging gets found. Ammo runs out. Best place to go is a gun store first. Stock up on ammo and such. Owner may not be in there...better to pick the lock than break a window letting more zombies in behind ya.

And then, last but not least:

Rucksack-Green.jpg

A good rucksack. Something lightweight, but lots of room for MREs, food, water, any ammo you can carry, etc.

Nice choices. I was thinking there would be other hazards besides zombies that you can get hurt from. All that combat is going to take a toll on your body and your going to get cut and injured from fighting and running over and into thinks to get away.

1. A hand reloading press and some dies.
2.A couple pounds of a multiuse powder (like Alliant Unique).
3 MSR water purifier.
4.First aid kit with some meds.
5. firearm in a common calibre.
.......................not that Ive put any thought into this..............right off the top of my head...yeah.

Ya Either get fit quick if your not already, or carry an arsenal to blast everything within a 500 yard radius.

Lol @ Bruce Willis!

I would need my trusty zippo, a carton of cigarettes, and some zombie proof armor:
halo-suit.jpg

I would recruit some intelligent people with good survival skills and a couple of hot-headed, cocky 18-20 year old guys to distract the zombies while we make our escape.

lol Conan sword.

Ya The Gungho Tom Hanks suit is awesome but probably out of reach for the everyday person.

My Friend said he needs and endless supply of Doritos, Mountain dew and internets and he would just blend in with the rest of the Zombies.

1. A Island
2. A Sharksuit, if a shark cant bite thru it a zombie never could.
3. A Lars Grizzly .45 with extended barrel/extended magazine.
4. Plenty of ammo and a way to make more.
5. Jessica Alba.

Yeah i would be happy.

I would just need my rifle and samurai sword. Then I would go to work. There are no windows where I work and everything is reinforced, surrounded by fencing, has a kitchen and bathroom. access to the roof, huge empty fields surrounding the place for plenty of head shots. Are you thinking blast shelter???? Nope ... Try Animal shelter. Safest place against zombies.

Worst place in our town to be.... Police station hahahahah. Through the front door and over the desk and they have the full run of the place.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back