Im making a Boba Fett ROTJ outfit,"all but the helment"

Lorne

New Hunter
PICT0029.JPGPICT0036.JPGPICT0048.JPGPICT0022.JPGHi,Im new my name is Lorne Im a Stormtrooper in the 501st Carolina garrison ,"TK-4413," Im makeing a Boba Fett ROTJ out fit,all but the helment.Ive had the helment for like 20 years or so any way I got the idea for the outfit when I was snowed in in dec, last year.I started useing a 12"action figure the first week,then the power came back on then I started useing what I could see from the movie.Then a few days latter the internet was back and I found alot of pictures.I somited what I had to the garrison GML,he said I needed help,soooo here I am,heres what Ive done so far,and know I dont have templets.My computer is one of the chep ones from Wall-Mart and I cant get it to load them.Im trying to get someone I know to help down load them,but I think hes still mad about crashing his computer at work downloading E-11 templets......

PICT0004.JPGPICT0010.JPGPICT0014.JPGPICT0015.JPGPICT0001.JPG

Hey Bro, first of all, welcome to TDH! You have a pretty decent Fett goin' on there :) So, you've come here for advice on how to get your Fett 501 approved? That's the way I took it. Costructive criticism, not always fun to hand out, but if that's what you need to get to where you want to be, then here is my personal 2 cents. I would upgrade your ammo belt soon. In my eyes it is too large and bulky, the flaps are too rounded and the stitches fallow the round pattern. The belt should be strait lined and stitched strait. PM me if you want some photos of the belt I am making, I have used referance photos for the past 2 weeks while working on my templates and the belt it's self. Ok, next is weathering, your Fett's armor is all banged up as it should be, but* your flight suit and cape and gloves are "so fresh and so clean". Have you washed your cape since it was cut up? The cape should be dirty, especially near the bottom. It also needs to be tathered up. I see a hole in the cape, it should be frayed out more, that's why I ask if you washed it yet, the wash cycle will make it fray. Your flight suit needs to be weathered a lot. You're gona have to add in some tan colors to it as well as some dirtiness. I think of it this way: Light blue suit from ESB, over 4 years later and Fett has been working on Taatoine a lot in the sand dunes. Lots of dusty harsh weather and sun has weathered the suit, this is what should be captured. I may be wrong here.. but the gaunts look like they may be the wrong color, maybe too light of a shade of maroon. Others I am sure will chime in, but if it is too light, I think you could use a spray bottle with a mix of black paint and water and mist the gaunts untill they get a darker look to them. Maybe upgrade your wookie braids as well. Woodman here on the board makes outstanding braids. Oh, and you can't be Fett without a blaster. If you want a top of the line blaster, FettDad does a complete rifle that includes a wooden stock made by Woodman. It looks sooooo sick. I can't wait to get my hands on one. Oh, also the gaunt darts aren't screen accurate. That's all I'm really gonna nit pick about. Those things stand out in my mind when I look at your photos. I'm a newbie here and don't have very much of my costume done... but I have been watching Fett for 18 years and have been looking at tooooooons of photos over the past month and a half. Good luck with your upgrades, feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Oh and just to elaborate on some products and who you can them from. Here's a list of the things you might consider getting or upgrading and a few people who make them: Also note that there are more makers of these products than that of which I list, but I do not know everyone here. These are the sellers that I know of that are currently producing products.

Boots: You have 2 days to decide if you want to get on the Jango Wes boot run, cut off is Jan 31. Check the thread for details. Also Evolution toys AKA Evo have boots. An associate of the company is on this forum, they go by 'Britt59', they are also on ebay and have a website.

ROTJ Cape: Woodman, he uses the proper material and the capes have amazing weathering from the photos I have seen.

ROTJ Wookie Braids: Woodman, his normal braids are in a sythetic hair, but right now he is doing a mini-run made with real horse hair. Very nice

Darts: Evo

Ammo Belt: Booboofett makes a very nice looking all leather ammo belt. I can make you a screen accurate belt made from vinyl which is the accurate material used, with a plus, the ammo boxes are functionable.

Blaster: Stormrider has a resin kit for the blaster I beleave. You get to assemble it and paint it yourself. Or As I talked about earlier, FettDad does the complete version.

Ok,Ive been working on the gloves and cape there done,havent started on the spikes on the left guntlet yet .theres alot of snow here and I just got back power last night.

Ok,I made it smallerwhen a Boba Fett type on the 501st bounty hunter web site said that,he never replyed again after I posted pictures.I found a good picture in the gallerys of Boba fett's chest armor.The stomche plate looks a littleIll trim about 3 quters of a inch and about a quter off the top.Had to wait for the power to come back on this stuff is a quter inch thick

Boots,,,,no I made them,CABoots wont have any until March,but I found some at evolion toys with spikesin my size,Im sorta haveing a problom ordering them at the moment

Your FettDad,Copley the Fett said you make some real sick blasters,"not to long ago they said make some bad blasters"what ever happen to the days when they say good not bad or sick??? H0 well,I always try to make the outfit first,but if you think of Boba Fett you also think of a blaster.So how much is your Boba Fett ROTJ basters????

also, don't forget to talk to guys in your garrison about building your fett. i see that chris bartlett, aka tk409, is in your garrison; that man helped write the book of making an awesome boba fett costume.

Definately talk to TK409 if you can, check out his website as well, hella info there. Good job on your boots, they look "good"

"Your FettDad,Copley the Fett said you make some real sick blasters,"not to long ago they said make some bad blasters"what ever happen to the days when they say good not bad or sick???"

I feel as if you are segregating me because of my slang..... Things have been "sick" for as long as I remember. Sick, sweet, Bad ***. it's all the same. "We" just don't want to conform to your standard dialect. Here is more info for you... Sick = Greater than 'good'. FettDads blaster don't look 'good' they look great.

Sorry Fettdad, your Blasters are just good ;)

Ithink I ran into TK-409 at ConCarolina last year,his outfit is cool. No Im not trying to segregat you because of your slang,in my day cool was the word,"and I dont get out much".

Cool Ill see if I can find his email the next time Im on the garrison website,I think I ran into him last year at a event,his outfit was cool.

hey Lorne, just give me a shout about the blaster...have some rotj's in the works...we'll get ya squared away...shoot me a pm...

Boots,,,,no I made them,CABoots wont have any until March,but I found some at evolion toys with spikesin my size,Im sorta haveing a problom ordering them at the moment

If you want my opinion, don't buy the spikes from Evolution! I've orderded them to, but I found out that they are bad made, they fall directly apart. Not worth the money I should say. If you want to buy his boots they're pretty ok, very light though.
I've made my spikes from steel and welded them to the base plate you can screw on your boots.
P1010268.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,I think I got everything fixed to ROTJ now before I had some ROTJ-SE in the outfit to,"I think its all ROTJ now". I also put the weathering on,mite be a little to much a I made a blaster

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0015.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

PICT0025.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

PICT0032.JPG

PICT0036.JPG

PICT0042.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back