Does anyone wear something to hide their chin ?

I have V2 in the machine right now. I need a head form to do better pattern work on doing something like this on a flat surface is alot tougher. I am doing these prototypes in a simple quilted style to get that look. When I get the shape finalized I will mqke on with the proper quilted surface. Do count me out. I'll post some pics later tonight.

Looking great so far - definitely looking forward to seeing how this project turns out. Wow - capes, braids, and now liners - you're the man, Woodman!

here's V2 the chin strap is just pinned on right now. I am ordering a male foam head so I can stop the guess work. I will do a V3
in the next few days though cause I have an idea where to change it. See how it has a somewhat pointed top thats where I'm working out the issues. sorry for the blurry pics too.well im back to the drawing board

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0063.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great, another thing to add to our heads to make us even hotter, LOL!

Although even with that said, that's looking kinda' cool woodman, this might also help with the stability of the helmet when trooping. I might be interested in one of those if you do a run.

Any update woodman? They had a Male foam head at hobby lobby I was just there grabbing a few things looking for foam but they didnt have what i wanted

I got the head form and the swivel clamp to work with now but I have to finish all the braids and capes I have going right now then I'll get back to this. I am going to ALLCON in Texas Mar 12-14 so I am also trying to finish my tusken and wrap up a few things fett to at least have my suit "upgraded" enough to lok super cool for my first "real" con. I do have the pattern layout taped to the head form. I post an update as soon as possible

Hello, I think the Neck Gaiter I use on convoys from Rangerjoes.com (im in the army) would be perfect. You wouldn't get to hot, it never slips, and it should look good with the costume.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back