Cad Bane Cad Bane Mask WIP

Darth Serberus

New Hunter
Just thought I'd post up a few progress pics of my Cad Bane mask. It is a 'real-world' imagining rather than the animated version.
I was asked to make it as a commission for a chap in the GK who is doing a full costume. It is sculpted in wet clay over a lifecast.
The chap wants to use Oakley type iridium lenses for the eyes which I have cast and replaced with dummies for the sculpt.
Hence the eyes look a little flat imo but it should work nicely.
DSC03542.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

This is going to be cast in Latex and foam. I'm also making the hoses for him.
I've still got a long way to go on detailing a finish but he's nearly there.
Question: What do you Bounty Hunter experts think Cad Bane's balaclava (thing that covers his neck and back of head) is made of?
Leather or some sort of rubber?? Any ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Amazing work. Like how you did a real life version. Will you be doing a run of these? If so please add me to the list.

Holy ****! Every time I think I have a little bit of talent, somebody (like you) does something like this to remind me that I am a novice. Seriously. Nice work bro.

Sooooooooo sweet.

Nevermind just actually read your first post.I think the balacava should propably be rubber just for flexibility reasons IMHO

NICE!! Looks great, I like how people are starting on making Cad Bane stuff now.
One thing, I think the teeth are a little off they need to be pointed a bit.
OH, the Oakley glasses lense I had an idea of making somthing that looks like that.

Stunning work as usual, I have had the privilege of seeing Jule's weequay and bith masks in the flesh and they are amazing and this is no different.

Foam rubber for better flex then plain latex, same thing with the tubes because they would be to heavy & not as flexible if they were plain latex, I was going to do this costume but $ is holding Me back so Good luck and great job so far! Amazing!

Pm Me for price please!

Just a quick update.
I've added the skin texture, and scars and now he is ready to mould.
The silver coating is just to stop him trying out and protect it from the casting resin.
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Yes there will be a very limited short run of these.
I have many other commissions to finish first but I will probably be making them to order as from the end of March.(hopefully!)
Btw thanks for the kind words chaps!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back