Star Wars Celebration in Orlando...My first one with my first beskar'gam

juun khar

New Hunter
I'm going to be attending this years Celebration in Orlando during the summer and I can't wait to finish my armor. If anyone else is going and is from SW FL let me know and maybe we can meet up and troop together. Also any comments on how my armor is coming along and any suggestions on making it better would be awesome. Check out my album:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/album.php?albumid=372

Armour looks good like the paint scheme ya got going there. My wife wants to kill me for wanting to build a Boba Fett so I'm getting my pieces a little at a time lol,but soon will be able to troop. keep up the good work.

You should hop over to the Mandalorian Mercs site. There's going to be close to 75 Mandalorians at CV this year doing all sorts of club events, LFL events, and events with the other large Star Wars groups. We're also one of the 4 LFL recognized groups for costume volunteers...so that may have some perks along with it. We also have a good sized chapter in Florida.

very nice use of Rays sith tatoos he used on his armor...

1002048_247.jpg

yeah that's some good lookin' armor there. I wish I was still stationed in FL... I'd be at CV in a heartbeat! lol

Are you kidding Me!? Way to be original, You went and copied someone else's armor... WOW! Great job... Not... Now sand it all off and start over from scratch there smart guy. I know a few people that will not be pleased to see this, including "Ray" going to send him a msg so he can see this fabulous Poop!

You need to get on repainting that **** now.

You even copied his colors...
1002048_247.jpg
[/QUOTE]
l_3a3196fa1f304f57b5aae759404ed9c4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Tom.

As much as i think all my kits are very very good. Ray's is pretty much at the top of my list as one of if not the best kit out there. There are some things I don't like about it, but over all its superior.

Please removes the sith writing from your plates. ripping off someone elses armor design is not a good way to introduce yourself to the community.

I've been around here years longer than most and this wont be liked very well. trust me.

no harm no foul, as i'm sure you may not have realized that this woudl be the case. there are tons of resources for you to use to come up with your own designs.

we'll all help you too! trust me.

:)

Are you kidding Me!? Way to be original, You went and copied someone else's armor... WOW! Great job... Not... Now sand it all off and start over from scratch there smart guy. I know a few people that will not be pleased to see this, including "Ray" going to send him a msg so he can see this fabulous Poop!

Your going to look like a douche if you walk into a group of Mandos with that paint job.

You need to get on repainting that **** now.

You even copied his colors...
1002048_247.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well... I have to agree with Solus to a degree. I didn't even think about the similarities when I looked at the pictures but yeah, on second glance that looks almost identical to Ray's kit, (which is definately better, the pinnacle of customs) and I have to say that I too think it's wrong to copy someone else's CUSTOM mando... that being said... Ray's armor was made to be Ram Zerimar... who was/is a CANON mando'ad... which means that anyone is technically free to do their rendition. Otherwise we'd only have 1 Boba, 1 Jango, 1 Kal Skirata but obviously that's not the case. Now that I've made both sides of the argument.... I agree with Solus (ONE END). Dude seriosuly... repaint that armor, make it your own not a copy of Ray's hard work... he put A LOT of work into his armor and even got the KT stamp of approval.

I do realize its a cannon character but it's Ray's Cannon character. K.T. wrote him into the book because she met him in person and Loved his Armor. He made that Armor before the character was written in her books. Ray is also one of the Beta testers for the Mando language...

also note according karen traviis. Ram Zerimar was named and drawn AFTER rays own designs. so in all purposes its HIS character.

You know, this has already come to light in another thread here on TDH.

I'd point it out if the darn search engine here would work!

Now, we could all get pissy about worrying whose armour was copied, but in the end, if it has been put down as EU canon (which in the end becomes something that belongs to Lucas that we are all copying), then you're going to expect people to use the design.

I appreciate that bud but, instead of seeing it as a turbulent insult to Ray's work, perhaps look at it as someone who agrees that it is a seminal piece of work that has made its way to Star Wars canon and should be celebrated?

None of us have the right to call dibs on anything Lucas made, that ends in lawsuits! :)

eh, whatever i guess, but i always get people asking me to copy my paint schemes on any of my mandos. i tell them no.

dont get me started on intelectual copyright.

Well, that's your right to say no and I'm guessing they could not ask you and there'd be absolutely nothing you could do about it, we all live on borrowed ground here and to get protective over a paint scheme could prevent the person who takes over from KT seeing it as the next clan armour or what not.

Ok, I don't see it probably as seriously as most do, in the end I have come to terms with the fact that Lucas is allowing us to do what we do and we don't get our asses sued, paint scheme or not.

I don't think we have the right whatsoever to be protective of anything that has to do with our hobby, which is what it is, not a multimillion dollar corporation.

That been said, I'm sure Ray would have appreciated a little bit of consultation on the use of his design, but I'm sure that was brought up in the last thread this guy started.

perhaps.

but no one can tell me when and where to wear or not wear my armor. i made it, its mine.

i dont make any money from it nor do i charge others to make armor for them.... so no one can sue me for anything.

Valid point.

I doubt Lucas would see it that way if he wanted to get busy on people after his humiliation with Sheperton :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back