Blinking LED circuit board kit $8

Folks

Have any of you purchased the following blinking LED circuit board and managed to fit it into a rangefinder...

If so, will it fit into a std RF do you think? I'm not sure what the dimensions are, but if someone stateside can findout and let me know that would be great....

We may just have found a cheap source for a RF board now... :)

Yup, needs a power source for sure..... but for $8 someone must buy one, build it and report back to us.... :)
I'd buy one, but being UK based it can take upto 4weeks for post to arrive and i don't think they will ship a kit over to the UK....
Unless some kind soul can buy 2 kits for me and ship em over... :)

Hopefully, gone are the days of paying $60 for one.....

Looking at the circuit there's about $2 or less worth of parts and its a simple circuit that if you can put a kit together then this would be simple enough to make yourself
th_t-flash2.gif

here is a simple circuit (I didn't draw it) but simple to make

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, the components when added together are dirt cheap...just add a tilt switch and a battery source and you're away.... :)
I'm off to my local electronics store later and see if I can pick of the components.... may aswell give it a go myself....

Hey found this kit for $2.95 just need to trim the excess pcboard and solder wires to the leds.

mk102.jpg

Might not need the trim-pots or might have to change the resistor value, guess i have to test it my self :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that kit over here in the UK too... sells for £5...lol
The blinking is controlled by the two potentiometer dials and it will do the job but needs to be trimmed to fit...

I had the mrg8ness LED set up in the rf on my FPH. I sold it with the helmet as I never liked to move it by hand when trooping, but as Marcel is working on the rc set up I would be interested in another set.

Where some see dissadvantage i see oportunity... I know its a tad big, but in a way this kit may be a viable option of getting all the components needed for use where Radioshack has none of them. I might not even use the pcb board and solder them directly to each other... i love challenges like this one.

Ive seen the Maplin UK kit in real life and it is way too big... not sure about the first blinky 1 though.....?
And yes, get a tilt switch and a power source and you have all the components..... :)

I've just gone a bought that Maplins kit and also a tilt switch...
I've also bought a plain circuit board, so i'm gonna see if I can replicate and shrink the kit...
Stay tuned..... this is gonna be fun.... :D
I'll post of pics of the kit later so you guys can see the size comparison etc....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back