I've finally started.

SAZ, that is looking totally cool, did I just say totally :wacko :lol: anyway, great work.
I just got my internet set up at the parents pad, so I'll be back on line a little more often, but the move isnt complete as of yet.

Now I just gotta get organized so I can finish workin on the snow man, and then start my dark jedi.

I'll keep ya posted.

WOW!!!! way to go saz! btw i guess ive been around here too long to ask this noobish of a question but ill ask anyways LOL
When you're painting your helmet, how do you avoid painting the parts that arnt supposed to be painting (if you get what im trying to ask)

and i can figure out how to get things like the mithosaur skull painted on so well... right now im having trouble with the jaig eyes

Two ways, you can use painters or masking tape and cut out the bits with a stanley knife or, I tend to brush my stuff on, then snad it back to take away some of the brush marks, then go over with a bit of wire wool.

I guess another way would be to draw the outline in pencil and carefully follow the line with masking fluid too. So that's three ways then :)

My theory is that these are warriors and don't have time to mask areas off nicely :)

Here's me looking manly:

crotch.jpg

My knees and crotch ready for cold cast painting:

crotchandknees.jpg

And my rather ironic minigun gauntlet:

rightgaunt.jpg

Nearly done now, just the cloak really!

I agree. The paint scheme and minigun gauntlet are freaking' amazing!(y)
I especially like the sickle mag that juts of the side of the minigun. Very futuristic-looking.
Can't wait to see the finished costume!

It's actually a sterling mag from a stormtrooper blaster upgrade kit for hasbro guns.

Here's the lot painted up, I finished the left gauntlet last night but haven't had chance to take any piccies.

crotchpainted.jpg

minigun.jpg

Ok, today was test fit day...

I noticed a few issues straight away (Like my right gauntlet being too padded to fit my suit in as well as my arm), but I did (finally) manage to dress myself. I will need to transport a mirror with me though!

Here are the pics:

front-1.jpg

side1.jpg

back.jpg

side2.jpg

looks like a Blastech E-11, just a guess (it's laying on the table in the other pics). I like it too Saz, looks good. Are you going to add more gold or is it finished?

It's a stormtrooper blaster from my costume until I have time to make myself a new weapon.

No more gold matey, all I need to do is weather the softparts, make some segmented back plates and I have skip's pep model of the jetpack to glue together.

This is just approval ready.

Just a quickie to say I've been accepted into the Mando Mercs, it's a great milestone and I'm proud of that acheivement, now just to get my armour perfect! :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back