HAITI EARTHQUAKE.....THEY NEED HELP

Madrid Boba

Active Hunter
Hello all,

Every time they talk in the news about the earthquake of Haiti, i have to change channel... i can´t stand to see so many people dead... Thousands...

I think that we should do something about it. I am a member of Red Cross, and i was thinking about making a donation. Why not to open an account here in order to get donations from members? ... it is just an idea. Maybe there is a paypal account created for the victims...(y)

Any ideas?

Alfredo

I think it would a cool idea if garrisons across the 501st did a troop to raise money for Haiti. I bet that would be pretty successful.

El1te

There are so many organizations that are taking money for this awful disaster. While having a fund raiser is a cool idea, it would probably be much easier if members are encouraged to donate directly to their local Red Cross/Unicef/Oxfam or local charities sending supplies and money. Many of these charities have now even started taking text message donations, and the phone companies and credit card companies are waving the fees (except Sprint unfortunately). Below is the list of charities and text numbers you can donate to:

•Text “HAITI” to “90999” to donate $10 on behalf of the American Red Cross.
•Text “YELE” to “501501” to donate $5 on behalf of The Yéle Haiti Foundation.
•Text “HAITI” to “20222” to donate $10 on behalf of The William J. Clinton Foundation.
•Text “HAITI” to “85944” to donate $10 on behalf of the Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International.
•Text “HAITI” to “25383” to donate $5 on behalf of the Internal Rescue Committee.

Also, for those of you in the US, you can stop by any Randall's grocery store and donate as much or as little as you like when you pay for your purchase. Had a woman come through my wife's line today who donated $100.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back