WIP: KaosDaniel Custom Mando

Thanks, thats a really good idea. Also i could shape a pattern into this metal-strip! I like that idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, my upper body armor is finished. At first I was really displeased with the color after the basic painting, but after weathering I think it looks pretty cool. I know its parsecs away from Mercs-Standard, but this is my first costume ever and i´m kinda satisfied with my work so far. Also I painted the first coat of paint on the bucket (which still nedds to be rounded out, i know).

So...let me know what you think (please be kind ;) )

P.S.: Sorry for the bad quality of the pics, i had only my cell phone at hand!

DSC00518.JPG

DSC00515.JPG

DSC00514.JPG

DSC00513.JPG

DSC00512.JPG

Thanks, feels good to hear that. Maybe i can do the Red painting on the helmet tomorrow. Need to start with the gauntlets und the lower Body armor. I also bought one these wristbands for my iPod touch which i want to use like an communication terminal or something like that.

OK, little update: Shin armor and gauntlets ready (right one up to 80%). On my left gauntlet i have a pocket for my Ipod Touch to use it as kind of communication pad or whatever ;) Weapon resanded and repainted. I´m going to load some pics up on Friday. Tomorrow i have to work all day and at night i´m on a Dropkick Murphys concert (y)

Helmet is finished except for the visor! Weapon needs some finishing (details, weathering). I´ll get the visor on monday, so that i hopefully can upload pics of the fully finished bucket (including rangefinder) on tuesday ;)

DSC00525.JPG

DSC00529.JPG

DSC00530.JPG

Thanks vod! On thursday everything has to be ready and still some things to do: Coloring the flight suit, attaching armor on vest, weapon has to be finished. Well, you can sleep when you´re dead, right? ;)

Ok, everything is basicallly finished! I´m not 100% satisfied but all in all quite pleased with the result. For today i post 2 pictures of the helmet. Don´t be confused by the colors, the bucket is looking sort of pink, but at the previous pics you see the red as it is in natural.The helmet is still not perfect symetrical, but it´s the best i could get done in a short time and with little financial resources. Tomorrow i will post a pic of me fully suited :D

DSC00534.JPG

DSC00533.JPG

Thanks vod! Yeah it´s iridescent. It isn´t so good to see on the pics, but when the light falls on the visor it looks like oil shimmering in water (if you know what i mean). It was more a coincidence. I bought an motorbikehelmet-visor on ebay and it turned out, that it was not black. I think it´s really cool!

I´ve been very busy the last time, but for anybody who might be interested. A small pic of my full (but still unfinished) armor!

iammando.jpg

iammando2.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back