If I got Boots, who could paint/weather them for me???

TJDFett

Hunter
Hey guys. I am debating on getting Evolution boots. I know what I need to do to weather them, but the price keeps getting higher and higher. I REALLY don't want to spend all this money on an airbrush and generator and stuff. So, my question to the boards is: Who can weather them for me? PM me or post in this thread if there is any interest. Thanks pals.

You could! It's not going to be a hard task at all. Wear your boots often. I haven't studied the art of weathering yet, but wearing the boots and making them dirty will help. Maybe use a water bottle that has black paint in the water and mist over the boots to make them look older. Maybe take an exacto knife and just use the tip to scratch some areas into the material of the shoe. Maybe 'flic' a few different colors of paint from far away towards the boot, that makes sense in my mind lol. I see weathered boots and how it would be done. I am trying to think of something else... Honestly bro, I would just wear them outside all the time :)

I am sure others will offer tips, and I am sure there is someone that would weather them for you.

You don't need an airbrush at all. Many of our members here have done incredible things with simple rattle cans. Myself included. I don't even own an airbrush.

I would suggest not airbrushing your boots
If you aren't careful, It makes it look "airbrushed"
SpideyFett had a tutorial somewhere that many have followed

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back