jango helmet paint colors ?

vaders right hand

Well-Known Hunter
so ive tried the search funstion jango paint jango colors jango blue . and no help , what are the colors for his helmet , both rattle can and airbrush ?

The lighter blue (mandibles and stripe) is Krylon "Short Cuts" ocean blue... The darker blue (cheeks, ears, and RF) are Rust-Oleum royal blue

I think I have a few extra cans of the Krylon as it is hard to find anymore.

SDC11302.jpg

It's also at Jo-Ann's and Do-It stores.

It's funny, though. I've had the exact opposite experience -- I've been seriously disappointed with Krylon lately, and have sincerely fallen in love with Rust-Oleum. Also, TLobe, I went with the slightly harder to find Rust-Oleum Cobalt Blue instead of the Royal Blue. Almost the same, but Cobalt seems more... warlike, somehow. *heh*

If you want to go with airbrush colours, I'd suggest spraying the paints listed above on some pieces of cardstock or scrap plastic and taking them in to your nearest hobby shop and comparing to Testors/Floquil/PollyScale/Tamiya/whatever paints to find good matches.

--Jonah

I agree with Jonah on the airbrush colors... also, I'd like to see a comparison of the royal blue versus cobalt blue... if I do another one it may be something I try then :)

Here are the colors...Maybe this will help:
The spray paint colors are getting really hard to find though.

HelmetColors.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a comparison of the royal blue versus cobalt blue...

PM me your mailing address. I'll do a spray chip of the Cobalt and send it to you. You can do the same with the Royal you have, and you can see how they look together -- maybe even photograph or scan them together so everyone can see. :)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back