stolen property.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty darn sure that it is illegal to post anyone's name, address, phone number, etc. with out their permission.

However *look around to make sure no one is peering over my shoulder* you could go up their and sneak into their house during work hours so they aren't there and place a bug in their phone that only transmits radio waves every 4 hours so any phone lines are not likely to pick up the signals. Then you go home and call him asking for your helmet and assuming he does the same thing as the last time then his wife will probably ask who just called and he'll start talking about the helmet where you will be able to pick it up with your bug and use it as evidence against him. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Note: this is actually illegal as well =(

fyi it is NOT illegal to post anyones address etc. online. It called freedom of information, this is why you can do a background check on anyone for any reason. It does however open you up for a law suite if you made false statements and posted them online or anywhere else. But that person would then have to prove that your statement caused them emotional or financial harm in court . Which seem far happening since you seem to have gone out of your way to try to communicate with this individual. Just be factual. I honestly don't think that anyone would blame you if you used a four letter word or two but try not if if you can.

Keep in mind this person may have other victims and anonymity is his friend for the moment. By letting other know his name it would warn others and would probably force him to at the very least defend himself and come out of hiding .

It only violates the privacy act if you are an organization that collect such information and use it for business/official purposes. If you are a private citizen posting such information its not a VIO of the privacy act.

At this point, I've done everything I can think of. The only thing that would work is if I got another one of those "We'll look for it on our next day off" excuses from his wife. I have not heard back from either of them, so there's nothing else that can be done. I've checked more into posting his information and I indeed can't do it. I am only allowed to post my own information, such as email, etc.

lol, it's fine. I don't know where he lives now. I could probably report him if I got another one of their excuses for not finding my things, yet I haven't heard back

*sight* YouTube - Simpsons - Hired Goons *sight*

Just joking. I'm sorry :( Can't you wait in front of his house door until he shows up? :(

I have talked with his Garrison leader, which I was told it was more of a matter for claims reports. I planned on selling my helmet anyway and going with MLC or a Bobamaker, perhaps. I'll go with one of them

If the guy is 501st you should definitely contact his garrison. As far as your money/goods you are probably SOL there.

Well the best way to get something back is to make it so uncomfortable for him that returning it to you is easier then avoiding you!! if you know where he works call him at work and tell him you will call him every day at work until you get you stuff back and if he stops answering your calls you will ask for his supervisor and explain the problem to him and ask if this is the type of person that the company chooses to employ...this method is very effective as no one like their personal life to be connected to their work life and his employer will not like it either and tell him to deal with it. This is completely legal as long as the employer does not ask you to stop calling. This is a ****** way to have to deal with it but he has left you no choice it's your property so I wouldn't pull any punches!

I am totally on your side here, but i hate to say it you're never gonna see your stuff again.

Your friend is clearly a lowlife and you're lucky you didn't leave a more expensive prop with him (MR replica/man of war/fettpride)

You should have gotten your stuff back before you left, and the most you can do now is just warn the 501st about him (like it appears you've already done)

But if he pops up trying to resell your stuff hopefully if you get word out you can prevent him from making any money off the said stolen pieces.

If you ever go back to his town, just make sure you find out where he keeps his nice stuff and pay yourself back that way <----yeah i said it.

Obviously karma will catch up to him someday. Bear attack, fishing accident, bees, ham sandwich.

Just be careful who you trust in the future. Have a deposit from someone if they offer to work on your prop...it seems silly if they're the one working on it...but why send someone a $500 helmet and wait to hear back for months just to hear they made off with it. Doesn't pay to be honest these days I guess.

I hope he decides to change his ways one day.

I had someone print out WoF armor templates for me, so I'll be posting that sometime in the future. just need a trashcan, and deciding which Fett to go with. Look for my progress thread sometime. I'll be working on it eventually. And Thanks again

That totally sucks, If you aren't sure of his current address you may want to search for him on PIPL.Com, thier site is pretty accurate and also can pull up free and pay sites with info including criminal records ect.

Aww that is really awful, I am not sure what kinda friend he is though, if he is anything like me , between work ,my dogs , and just life in general I am a lazy friend! I will start a project for my friends and it seriously will not get finished till they are completely fed up with me . It is no excuse for him to ignore you, if anything he should talk to you about it like ...yep im an a$$ i did not touch the equipment since you moved ,and its collecting dust. Aww well good luck , it would be a real shame to lose a close friend over belongings :-<

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back