WIP-My first beskar'gam

Tandau Mano

New Hunter
So I am starting my first suit of Mandolorian armor. I have been looking for all the templates and finally got them all and I have to say right now that wizardofflight is the man for making all those templates. Kandosii ner'vod. So looking through everything, it seems as though anything can be used to make armor, so i am going for the "trash can" approach for my first set as i am currently out of work and have a baby on the way, so dropping alot of money on mats. for my mando suit would probably be detrimental to my health. Pics will follow as soon as i get started. Right now i am starting with the bucket, so that will be the first thing you guys see. any comments or advice is welcome for a first timer like me... i have been reading most everyone's posts and drooling on my keyboard as i see everyone's pics of their completed work.

Hope you have not ruined your keyboard by drooling on it of looking over peoples pictures of their completed work. Then you would not be able to type anything on here. Heck you probably would not of typed that first post LOL! Anyway, welcome aboard to creating your fiirst mando vod. I am waiting for the progress photos that you will be posting up. I mystelf am going cheap on my armor for now until I can actually get some stuff in terms of starting armor. I got my helmet from someone off of here and already got the plates cut out through means of cardboard. But overall I can't wait to see what you come up with. Just remember to post pictures as everyone on here loced pictures.

just remember that it CAN get expensive even going the trashcan route... any help u need with designing/details feel free to ask! I've helped a few ppl w/ designs. There's tons of ppl on here who know what they're doing, so don't be afraid to ask questions! Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with!

ok... so i got the majority of the bucket assembled. trying to get pics done and they will be up soon. next step is a layer of spackle and a sanding and then resin coating before painting. sticking with mandalorian color meanings, my armor is going to be blac with blue trim. hope to have pics up soon.

Alright... here is the first batch of pics.

1-4. are pics of just the basic bucket without the side pieces.

5-8. are the second phase with the side modules with antennae inserted. the antenna on the left side is a short, squat antenna that is for the purpose of short-range burst transmissions for slicing into computer networks. the antenna on the right side extends further for long-range transmissions.

the spackle didn't take like i hoped it would, but reviewing things, i needed to put a coat or two of resin on first, then spackle, so i am trying to get as much of the spackle off before applying the resin. will have more pics soon.

DSCN0372.JPG

DSCN0374.JPG

DSCN0373.JPG

DSCN0371.JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

DSCN0379.JPG

DSCN0382.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

Some good photos of your helmet vod. You are going with a green t-visor. That is really cool and I am loving the colors you have chose. Black with a blue trim. Nice choice! Can't wait to see more.

ok... i know i haven't posted in awhile... unfortunately my camera is not working atm and i'm trying to get pics of the next phase of my helmet done before moving on with the resin coat. i have some time however due to the fact that it is too cold out right now for the resin to cure properly. we should have some warmer weather here in the next few days and if so then i will definitely be doing the resin coating and have pics up soon.

and for a further update...

i managed to find the flight suit (air force standard issue) at a garage sale for $5. i had all the spackle and resin materials at my dad's house... no cost there. card board was picked up from buddy at his job at a local gas station. combat boots i've had from being in the army. i've customized an old nerf gun into a blaster rifle (pics coming soon) and the other various odds and end i have scrounged from around the house or wherever i can find them. i have even bartered for some items with yard work.

Latest pics.

some are of the bucket with the spackle on it... nice and smooth

one is also the idea for the blast vest... it's gonna stay white and it encompasses a loin cloth and will have a sash around the waste.

and then there is my boom stick

DSCN0383.JPG

DSCN0405.JPG

DSCN0385.JPG

DSCN0384.JPG

DSCN0407.JPG

ok... here is my very rough draft of a sketch of what my mando armor will look like. if anyone vomits due to the horror their eyes have been subjected to... i apologize... i can't draw at all... i had to have my wife help out alot and i still messed it up

DSCN0408.JPG

Oh, heck yes! Yes indeed, sir. Off to a good start. Bucket's lookin' good. Maybe it's just me, but are the ears a bit wide? I could be wrong. I have old eyes.

Really digging the mods to your Maverick. I was thinking of altering mine into pistols without barrels (blah blah blah), but I'm digging the shotgun vibe you've got going on here. And the colors on your concept are pretty sweet too.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back