3 gauntlet tubes with SE Boba Fetts (Right or Wrong?)

Ponte

Active Hunter
My girl recently bought me a set of Man of War ROTJ gauntlets, and as I'm putting them together on my CQ shift, something has been going through my head all day as I'm studying the reference pictures...

For a Special Edition Boba Fett, is it inaccurate to have all 3 hoses hooked up to your gauntlet going to the sleeve? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm relatively certain that pretty much what you see in the SE scenes as well as the SE promo photos in the gallery, Boba just has the one hose hooked up to his right (and 1 hooked up to his left),and that its pretty identical to what we see in the AOSW museum photos.

I see a few SE Fett builds on this forum that pretty much all have the 3 hoses, and I'm wondering if that's correct. Are people just going with a ROTJ outfit and an ESB helmet?

Lets here some experienced 2 cents. :D

I'd like to know the answer myself. I think for the most part, it what you say, one to the right and one to the left rocket. However, I have a seen a couple publicity photos that have two additional hoses hooked to the flamethrower (or whatever) on the right gaunt which makes 3 on the right and on the left. I personally find the hoses a pain, so hook only a single right hose, but maybe I will add on to the rocket one day.

Right or wrong I have 3 on the right gauntlet and no hoses on the left. I have seen the hose on the gauntlet missile, but I don't like it, it comes off all wrong.

Due to the fact that there are so many different photos with different hose combinations I'd go with whatever you prefer. Personally, I too go with three on the right and none on the left.

I think a hose attached to the rocket looks tacky. Why would you want ugly electrical tape so prominently visible on your costume?
I would think people in the general public seeing you would think "Well he looks cool, but I would have taken a little more time with that left arm thingy."

One of the few good things about Evolution props is their wrist rocket. It comes with two attachments: 1 for a hose and 1 for without. So you can mix and match. My SE Fett currently runs 3/0 as I like the 3 hoses on the right but I am also in a minority of liking the rocket hose. So my future updates will be 3/1.

Just out of curiosity, let's say I go with one on the right and none on the left because that's what I prefer... will I get dinged when applying for my Legion BH #? Thanks.

Im working on putting together a SE Fett, and looking in the gallery I found this pic...one hose on the right gauntlet but no pic of the left one, you get a better view of the ESB Bucket in that second pic...but in the rest of the movie hes obviously wearing three hoses on the right none on the left
RotJ_HD_010.png

RotJ_HD_008.png

I'm doing a SE also and so far I'm going just with one on the right. A hose on the left gaunt is just out of place. It's a rocket, it doesn't need a hose to boost it. Maybe I'll end up using 3 on the right.

I'm personally going with 3 and 0. Here's my reasoning and .02 especially since I think I inadvertently sparked this discussion with my WIP pics. lol) ...

I am shooting for realism maybe even a lil bit more than SA. To me the 1 and 0 set up is a glaring example of the lack of continuity and Uncle George's lack of "give a ****" when filming the SE scenes. It looks hokey and unfinished and IMO does Boba an injustice. When people see me troop, I dont care if they say "Ooooh, thats so SA.", I want them to think, "If Boba Fett were real, and I met him, that's what he'd look like.". That was a huge reason for going with BBF's ammo belt and Woodman's horsehair braids.

You might be able to satisfy an adult fan by staying strictly SA, but a child will call your bluff at the drop of a hat. Kids are the quickest to notice when something is a bit "off", and I want a child taking the time to take a pic with me to feel like for even just that moment, he was really hanging out with Boba Fett and get lost in his/her imagination for a minute or two.

I respect each and every one of my bros and sis' here on TDH, but I neither started this build or will be finishing it for you (or even myself for that matter). A St' Jude's donation infomercial sparked this, and it is, has, and always will be about taking a child's mind off of a world that is slowly but surely becoming less safe, less pleasant, and sometimes pain filled (due to their treatments)........ and making them smile. That means I have to work extra hard for them, to give them every reason to believe in........... well......... the magic of the myth. ;)

The devil is in the details on both SA and realism, and I feel I've reached a happy medium. As far as that rocket gauntlet hose is concerned.... I gotta agree with BFUK, it makes no sense and looks out of place. We already have a hard enough time with the fact we represent Sci-Fi, sometimes we have to emphasize the Sci just a bit more than the Fi in order to honor the character we portray and make them come to life.

Again, just my .02, but I hope it's been helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does the left flame thrower work without a hose???? LOL I agree with the right hoses needing to be there...but the left missile being connected would be dumb I still dont know what Im gonna do with the hoses

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back