Bought an air brush,

TJDFett

Hunter
Okay, so I bought this airbrush at my local hobby shop.

airbrush.gif

It's simple, and all I need for the job I'm doing.

So, I don't have an air compressor and don't plan on buying one. But luckily, my hobby shop sells compressed air used for airbrushing! So, I bought a can. When I tried to hook it all up, the hose doesn't plug into the top of the can. I went back to the store to see if there was some sort of adapter I needed. We tried all of them, but they all were too big or too small to fit on the can. The guys working there really didn't know what they were doing, anyway. So, I'm coming to the experts. Guys,what do I need to do to get my airbrush working?

Check out either ReynoldsAM.com or look for a Pearl Supply Store, maybe even a JoAnnes' Fabric and Crafts store.

Other wise, I think you may have to contact the manufacturer of the gun and the hose to see what's up, unless it's a specific "compressor" gun and not a run of the mill hobby brush...

I can take a picture of the end of my hose easily. But since I returned the can of air, I'd have to go back to the store with a camera. So I cant do that until the next time I'm at my local mall. What do you guys use to power your airbrushes? Do you have any experience with canned airbrush air?

noooooooooooooooooo!! I bought this one a while back and it SUCKS. It could hardly spray the paint out, after what seemed like forever of tinkering with it, it finaly worked... ...barely.
I'd say take it back if you can and save up for a new one.

Ugh, I already took it out of the packaging, and the 5ft. cord is all undone! If I never use it, it's not that big a deal anyway. Only spent 5 dollars on it. The store had a 50% off sale.

YEa dude, if you're gonna air brush, make the investment into a good gun and a compressor. Cans are good if you're in a squeeze and you need a quick fix, but all in all. make the investment... When it comes to art and supplies, you def. get what you pay for in this arena...

The only thing is, I'm only doing a little project. I need to paint the red stripe on my shin tools. Other than that, I have a millennium falcon model that I was considering finishing. I really don't want to break out the Benjamins for what I plan to do.

thats what i said , but once you have a good tool , you will use it more than you think , and the day after you sell it you will wish you didnt .

Dude,
send me your shin tool & I'll paint the stripe for ya
I painted mine with Krylon Banner Red in a rattle can
Just about any Red spray paint will do for something that small
then save up 7 get a decent airbrush setup for your next project.

Dude,
send me your shin tool & I'll paint the stripe for ya
I painted mine with Krylon Banner Red in a rattle can
Just about any Red spray paint will do for something that small
then save up 7 get a decent airbrush setup for your next project.

If there's a rattle can color that looks good, then I can just do that myself. Krylon Banner red, huh? I'll pick up a can. Thanks for the info!

Here are list of good airbrush availabe in the market;
- Iwata
- Bager
- Paasche

Make sure you pick up the dual action model.

I have a VL, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT's amazing, but pricy. However, it'll last you forever. Testors AZteks, forget'em. they are as to Passchaes as rubies helms are to... what's the best maker of mando buckets? Anyway, you need a compresser, and a regulator. Those propellant cans work, but not well. If you have an air storage tank, that'll work just fine. I have an Iwata smart Jet compresser, overkill, but beautiful. Basicially, the more money you spend, the better. it's a pretty direct ratio. if you have specific questions about the VL, PM me.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back