MLC ESB Sidearm holster ***Final update 1/24/04****

mlcallanta

Active Hunter
Hey guys!

As you may have noticed in our Blaster thread, TJ was gracious enough to send me his "Nemrod" speargun holster in order to replicate it into FG for our blaster holster.

Unfortunately, when TJ came back from his vacation, it seems like he is now buried in work & thus wouldnt have time to disscuss his plans much less post in TDH. Therefore, he has requested me to spearhead this project with the help of you guys :)

I would like to request those knowledgable in ESB Fett's sidearm holster to contribute any ideas, pics & recommendations towards this project so I could be guided.
In short, this topic is open for disscussion :)

As always, the pool of talents from this forum helps us achieve a better product :)

Thanks!

Mardon

Figured I'd take a break from my busy schedule and post some pix and info.

tylerdurden has seen this in person and has IDed this holster as the holster used by the Bespin Guard and, by proxy, he believes it to be correct for Fett.

Here's Mardon's sidearm in the Nemrod holster:

MLCESBholster1.jpg

MLCESBholster2.jpg

MLCESBholster3.jpg

Here are some shots for comparison originally posted by MaxPlague:

bestpistolpics.jpg

Hope that gets the ball rolling on this project.

Cheers!
TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think all that needs to be done is to get rid of all the unneccesary straps and such. One question though, do you plan on keeping the symbol on the side of the holster or removing it? Keeping it may be more accurate (I can't tell from the pics if it's there) but it would look better with it gone.

Okay, thought you guys would pipe-in with your ideas & suggestions......not an interest thread! :lol: hahahaha!
Well, atleast not yet :)

Righto, let me share my thoughts:
If you noticed from the first 3 pics above, the original Nemrod holster has 3 components we dont need - namely the spear pocket (located from the top of the holster running down the entire lenght), the knife sheath and the "Nemrod" logo (I think).
The best & easiest way to eliminate this at once is if we mold the inside of the holster rather than the outside. This also makes the inside smooth so your blaster could glide smoothly & hopefully w/o scratches on your blaster paint works :)
The Nemrod is made out of a very rigid rubber like component which borders almost like hard plastic.....however, the straps used are pliable rubber which ofcourse we cant replicate in fiberglass. Any thoughts?

Lastly, I pressume the holster is looped around the ammo belt, correct? If so, do you want us to replicate a loop made out of FG or would you rather have this looped strap made out of rubber or maybe even leather? I dont have the knowledge on how to adhere rubber/leather to FG....so we'll take care of the FG and you guys could choose & make your own belt loop? Unless ofcourse if you want this loop replicated in FG as well.

Ideas, suggestions, recommendations......anything?

Mardon

Hiya Mardon,

While you know that I'm ROTJ all the way, here's my personal take on the holster. Hope you don't mind. :)

If you noticed from the first 3 pics above, the original Nemrod holster has 3 components we dont need - namely the spear pocket (located from the top of the holster running down the entire length), the knife sheath and the "Nemrod" logo (I think).

Honestly, I would get a better front pic of the holster before 'slicing' off the spear pocket and knife sheath. After taking a quick intense look at the pics posted, it does seem to me that they were left on, mainly the spear pocket. I can't really tell with the knife sheath though.

The Nemrod is made out of a very rigid rubber like component which borders almost like hard plastic.....however, the straps used are pliable rubber which ofcourse we cant replicate in fiberglass. Any thoughts?

Leather/rubber might work just as well, I'd suggest leather though. And to help cut cost down, you might maybe wanna go for a big leather sheet buy or maybe even hit the leather store for unwanted leather strips. That's what I'd do..:)

Lastly, I pressume the holster is looped around the ammo belt, correct? If so, do you want us to replicate a loop made out of FG or would you rather have this looped strap made out of rubber or maybe even leather? I dont have the knowledge on how to adhere rubber/leather to FG....so we'll take care of the FG and you guys could choose & make your own belt loop? Unless ofcourse if you want this loop replicated in FG as well.

The loop would best be done in rubber/leather, which would allow for more flexible movement when bending and sitting.

I think that if done correctly, you could have snaps and buttons connecting the leather/rubber straps to the FG with no problem. Kinda like what most high speed military manfacturers do with their drop down holsters made of kydex.

Mardon, you could have the holes for the snaps and buttons pre-drilled to help placement and attachment.

Well, cuse me for ranting but I hope this helps somehow. :)

Stay safe and ROTJ all the way!!! LOL!

Tim.

I say mold it how it is, in the two pictures on the upper right you can see the knife sheath and the spear tube. I can't tell about the logo but I would leave it there and leave that up to whoever gets one.
As far as the straps, I would leave that up to the buyer as well, just make the holes where they need to be.

Oh boy.....you guys sure have sharp eyes! :) I think I need my glasses :lol:

Roger that, if you guys think both the spear pocket & knife sheath should be included - then that could be done. It would entail a double mold thou - molding the outside as well as the inside......so that both spear & knife sheath would have independent pockets.
Molding just the outside (thus faking the knife sheath pocket) would make the blaster rattling inside. As for the logo.....well, that could be erased from the molds.

As for using rubber/leather straps - well, you guys would have to take care of those yourselves as we'll take care of the FG only.

If this is the general concensus, then we'll go this route :)

Mardon

I agree with leaving the spear and knife holes. I can take care of the rubber or leather parts but dont know about the logo.

The knife sheath and spear tube are clearly on the Bespin version of the Nemrod holster. I would definitely recomend including it on Fett's for now.

I really think the only thing that needs to be removed or sanded off the replica's is the Nemrod logo.

Thats OK BB :)

Details have been covered, so I'm sure the "interest" thread would follow shortly :)

Mardon

From looking at the original pics, it looks to me that the trigger guard on the holster has been cut back/off to reveal the trigger itself. This might have been done to get a better grip on the gun when pulling it out for a quick shot. Does anyone else notice this, or am I seeing things?

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back