SEARCHING FOR MEMBERS' THREADS, NOT JUST POSTS...??

FettDad

Active Hunter
hi all, and admin, was wondering how to search for members' threads that they have started, not just posts...previously, we were able to go under "statistics" and find the threads AND posts, but now it just says find posts...am i missing something? thanks! :cheers

you can just go to posts and only click on the posts in threads started by them. after all, who would start a thread and never post in it? A VERY slow and inefficient method, i know. But that's all I can think of.

Hi guys,

There should be an official fix for this in the next upgrade (about 2-3 weeks) but in the time being, we have added a line in each member's profile for this. If you click on a Member's name and then click View Profile, in the left collumn, you will see Find Posts and under that we have added "Find threads". Hope this helps!

Additionally, if you click on "Advanced Search and on the Advanced Search page, in the upper right corner click "Search By Type" you will be taken to the Search by type page where you can do more extensive searches in which you can also find threads started by a particular member.

Very cool. I'd had this problem as well.

One other thing I've noticed though -

When sending a NEW PM - in the recipient field, if you type in the first few letters of a members name it used to auto populate the closest matches
to choose from.

It doesn't do this anymore - at lest for me. It's actually quite bothersome because with so many utterly creative names up here, it's hard
to remember them all in your head. This function couldn't be more necessary in getting the correct spelling for any particular member before you
send a PM.

Thought's ?

Chris

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back