JW Boot Run: UPDATE 26 JULY!

And on a related note,
do you have a ship date for the original JW boots I sent you for reference?

Last edited by a moderator:
S1P: He intended on shipping yours back with the rest, but I'll go ahead and have him send them back.

Wes

Wes, end of the month is here. Any closer to having these shipped out? Thanks.

Yes, a lot closer.

All that's left is to finish sole-ing the last of the boots. I'm going to have him ship them out all at once so this will be the last time I have to deal with it. The guy is good, but it's a hassle dealing with the delays. Rest assured people, you are getting the best boot out there. The quality is above what you would expect and they will be worth it.

Wes

Ok... I hate to say i knew it was too good... small snag. The glue they were using on the soles came un-glued. They have to re-glue them now.
He said I should have the majority of them next week. The up side is, it happened BEFORE we got them and the problem was fixed.

S1P: Your boots are enroute to me.

It seems this is the same **** that happened the last 2 runs. Be glad you got in on this run, because I absolutely will NOT do another one.

Wes

You can't rush perfection and personally I'd rather have them made well than made fast any day.
Just my two cents.
Baz.

Sorry, I was busy over the holiday and he closed up for the weekend as well. I will be calling tomorrow.

Wes

Ok, here's the latest and (not so) greatest. Evidently, the glue situation wasn't as... clear cut... as I originally believed. He had to re-order a different glue, setting him back (I'm just getting this today). But the good news is, tomorrow, these boots will ship:
1 x 9
4 x 10
3 x 12
Followed by 8-10 pair on Monday and so on and so forth.

Now, I don't like giving you bad news anymore than you like hearing it, especially since it's my reputation on the line. Hopefully, you can see why I was reluctant to do another run. I know there are some of you who were needing these for C5 and I will pay out of pocket to overnight them to those people if need be. I have... thoroughly expressed my displeasure to the boot guy and I'm pretty sure he got the message. Maybe it was the conversation peppered with multiple 4 letter words, or my charming demeanor, but either way, I climbed up his butt and expanded. The boots are coming now. Again, I appreciate your patience and I whole heartedly apologize for the delay and breakdown in communication. I'll take the hit for that one.

Wes

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back