The Clone Wars

Trooper937

Jr Hunter
Hello everyone, I've decided to try and open a hopefully permanent thread in which us Star wars fans can discuss our views on the animated Clone wars episode.
I was inspired by the last episode, the one with the clone farmer...brilliant.
Hope this tread will continue. :D
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT,DISCUSS OR ANYTHING ELSE,,,,ITS A FREE WORLD LADS.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Armour Design
Troops from latest episode.:)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the biggest thing for the clone wars for me, is the clones themselves. showing their individuality and how they customize everything from their armor, ships, and themselves. everything from hair, beards, armor, and even tattoos. for me its like watching "band of brothers" except they are clones, and its not world war 2. the connections they have with each other and the way they show it is awesome.

the plots are great, some episodes have hokey dialouge but as a whole clone wars is one of the best shows on right now.

This show is so much better in my opinion that any of the prequels. It's almost hard for me to believe George has as much involvement with the stories as they say he does.
The only real dialogue that irks me are the droids. WAY too much doofiness on their part! (that must be where all his imput goes)

putting the mandos needs to open the door for the possibility of a strictly mando movie. and call me crazy if you want, at least half of it should be in mando'a

i love it! so much that i dedicated the entirety of 2009 to creating and costuming as a clone wars clone :)

in my mind it's way more "star wars" than any of the prequels. i particularly love the episodes dedicated to the clones and their real world issues: leaving the army, having families, etc... they may be clones, but they are for the most part real people, so it makes sense that they wouldn't all be exactly the same, personality-wise.

i don't like the comic relief parts (meesa bombad jedi!!) or the touching interpersonal drama (that horrible episode about ani, padme and the strange sep. guy, where padme gets poisoned). i am pretty happy with the fallible jedi order... it's nice that they are powerful, but not undefeatable.

i also like that they created cad bane but don't use him in EVERY episode. he's a cool character, but best left to be an occasional nemesis.

What I don't like from CW is the cartoons' desing. Skins and textures are acceptable but, why do they have to change the armor of the CT, change the Jedi clothes and things like that? I understand that they are cartoons and they should take some stylish licenses, for example like the small waist of battle droids, but at least they are keeping their main shape not like Jedis and CT! :(

I agree that droid dialogues are really stupid... but the problem goes worse when translators come into play. Listen Ashoka's Spanish(not latin) voice! It's really annoying. Other problems related with translations are that instead of Skyguy, that it's something understandable for you English speakers like a "Boy of the sky" (due to Anakin's second name), in Spanish 'Skywalker' doesn't mean anything and it's like any other name that doesn't mean anything else... so the translation has been 'Skyguay' that means something like 'Cool Sky' or 'Awesome Sky' but again, Sky itself doesn't mean sky, it's just a word so all these things make no sense to me. And I'd prefer not to speak about Jabba's son nick name... I only want to say about it that the word used was something incredibly forced and... annoying. Only stupid kids use words like that! All this stuff makes me to watch the English version :) it's harder to understand sometimes but it's worth it.

Despite the above, I like the stories and I enjoy the CW cartoons :)

from what i've read they redid the clones and other characters was due to the fast they didnt think they could exactly duplicate the actors from the movies so they made them "charicatures"
the CT armor is nice because it gives us more sets of armor to make, and you can never have enough armor

My opinion:
Pros
Battle scenes are darn good (esp. the firsts episodes of season 2, quite immersive).
General designs are really good (armors and vehicules mainly)
Clones are execellent. Well balanced between anonymous soldiers and individuals characters.
Some episodes plots are cool

Cons
Scenes where Palpatine advises the jedis. How can the entire Jedi Council be fooled with such unclever speaches. Palpatine doesn't look at all here like a galactic evil mastermind...
Some plots, dialogues and characters behaviors are really childish.
Separatists are the bad ones, Republicists the good ones. There is no questioning on this subject, the corruption of Republic has almost vanished. (I love the Clone Wars comics mainly because Jedis and republicists constantly doubt of being on the side of the goods).

These cons are the consequences of the chosen audience and there is no chance is gets better; and despite this, I can't wait for the new episodes !!!

EDIT: I watch the episodes in english, but I played the "Heros of the republic" in french. Ouch ! Voices and dialogues are definitely better in english...

I agree mainly with everyone..the clone wars has brilliant plots, cool battles and a new variaty of armour designs,especially Goth's men,the green really looks good.However, the bottom line is, its aimed at a young generation which unfortately make some aspect of the story rather boring.The good news is that many of us have improved it and even created a real version of armour as if it was in the real saga.

New ship design, during the rescue of general Goth, Obi-wan was in a small version of the cruiser,,,notice that??

AS far as the clones go, it's great. But I can't stand what's going on with the plot line of the mandalorians. MAndalorians are NOT a bunch of peace-loving hippies! not quite, but still... I prefer the new one over the old animae stuff though. Never go into that type of animation...

Love the Cartoon Network series. Looking forward to season 3, looks like it may get pretty dark.
Funny, my favorite episodes align a lot with everyone elses here. There are very few episodes I don't really, really like. The only ones i weren't to keen on were the mando eps, the ones with Obi's "girlfriend", or the blue shadow virus.
I'm hoping the little guys who roll themselves up as balls make a return at some point.

I also for the most part like the series a heck of a lot better than the prequels but I think there can be too much over-explaining of things sometimes and the removal of all things coincidental bothers me. Oh, and not EVERY character needs to be tied into every other.

The clone armor looks much better even more stormtrooper-like than the movie version.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back