Krayt Dragon Helmet!

AdenNaas

New Hunter
Okay so I have finally started working on my Krayt Dragon Helmet! I've put a base coat of metallic silver spraypaint. I'm not sure if I should put another layer of it on or move on to the next color. I'd like to end up weathering it but I'm just not sure how to do it.
What I'm planing to do is have a sand gold dome with burgundy as a secondary color. With the Dragon I'm going to hand paint it emerald green with gold eyes and talons.

Any suggestions and criticism is welcomed and appreciated!
1262667001.jpg

6285c871.jpg

503afacb.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

I just put a gold coat on it and I'm still not sure if i'm going to weather it or not. I just dont want to mess up on it. I did tape it off so it wouldnt get on anything i didn't want painted so by tomorrow I'll have another update.
Please advice would be amazing right now on how I can make my bucket that much better!

2583317d.jpg

39d13d10.jpg

cbeeb446.jpg

You can distress metallic with liquid shoe polish, as for weathering, you could Try Iron boots' method of sanding back, or just leave a spot here and there. It doesn't have to be fantastic amount, just enough to make it look "lived in" :)

But it is up to you.

I'd go with the shoe polish, it'll look distressed with out actually digging into the resin and damaging SAZ's awesome bucket. I have decided on what mine will look like when I finish it:First color test.jpg I plan on doing NO weathering, I want this to be "ceremonial" armor. I plan on gold leafing the dragon.

Just a small update after alot of thought. I really like how the gold paint looks and how it's working out. Soooo I'm going to keep the color how it is and how the burgundy is going to look for awhile. My blessed mother is an antiquer and can can help me weather it up later.
As for the dragon part I think Im going to use a dark green instead of emerald for two reasons. 1) it'd look more like a krayt dragon. 2) to me green represents fear and since my mandos background has him watching his father die hunting krayts. What better way to embrace fear than to put on your armor.

Might as well call those mandos with the Krayt Helmets the Dragon Force Mandalorians. But overall the helmets I have seen seem pretty well.....good to have and are much impressive with the work you guys are putting into them. Shoe pollish; I am doing that with my mandalorian helmet. Just got to find the shoe pollish I used which was a while back when I was in NJROTC. But overall great job guys. Most impressive.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!
haha I could handle Dragon Force Mandalorians as a group title!
Yeah I found an antiquing kit the other day that I'm going to pick up for my helmet

Okay I finally got to start back on my helmet. My laptop has been broke for a while but its fixed now :) My visor comes in tomorrow So I'll be finished by tomorrow. What do you guys think?

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

That looks nice... I'll be able to start on mine soon, my move is finished but now I gotta find my paints... When I packed for the move, things got misplaced :lol:

That looks nice... I'll be able to start on mine soon, my move is finished but now I gotta find my paints... When I packed for the move, things got misplaced :lol:

I really cant wait to see it!

I got my visor in today but I still need to cut it out in the shape of the T. I also did a bit of weathering on it. What do you guys think?

IMG00033-20100312-1604.jpg

IMG00032-20100312-1604.jpg

IMG00028-20100312-1603.jpg

IMG00030-20100312-1603.jpg

IMG00029-20100312-1603.jpg

IMG00034-20100312-1604.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back