Black-listed website! Avoid www.saberforge.com!

Jedi Ranger

New Hunter
Well, I have never done this before, so I hope this amplifies my seriousness.

AVOID www.saberforge.com! Online aliases include: SaberForge and airsoftmode.

Summary: Despite many mixed reviews, but none like my problem, I decided to place an order with www.saberforge.com for TWO (2) of his SaberSound 1.0 boards. At this time there were more than 50+ boards listed as "in stock" and they were temporarily discounted from $59.99 down to $49.99.

On Nov.29, 2009, I placed my order totaling $117.98 and immediately paid through PayPal. On Dec.03, 2009, I received a shipping notification that my order had shipped.

On Dec.15, 2009, I received a package from SaberForge. The customs slip indicated that the contents included two (2) sound boards. Inside, there was only a single board. The shipping envelope arrived in good condition, with no rips, tears, holes, and gaps created when initially sealed. Also, the package was NOT opened by customs. I immediately emailed SaberForge at the email address indicated on his website (sales@saberforge.com). I was very poilite, and made no accusations.

I sent another email again on Dec.16. I sent another email on Dec.22 to another email I dug up (airsoftmode@earthlink.net), and another on Dec.23 to both email addresses. I did not receive a single reply. I even sent copies of these emails from a second email account of mine. I also sent a PM on the TCSS website and the FX-Sabers.com website. Still nothing.

On Dec.28, 2009, I sent a final email. With no sign of reply, I am resorting to this step. If there is time left, I will investigate generating a PayPal complaint. I may be out $50, and do not want this to happen to anyone else.

I will be seeding this post on numerous websites to maximize coverage.

For additional details, here is the "whois" profile: http://www.who.is/whois/saberforge.com/

I wonder if, in the recession, the company has gone into administration, but they have failed to close down their website. The email you received was simply an automated response.

All the same, that doesn't help you, but its good to know - thanks for the heads up.

It's good that you put this out there, I'm sure if you got a package someone knows what's going on and whether this was an accident or not, other people can avoid the issue.

Yeah, many members over on TCSS forums have had problems with saberforge...not only with the customer service, but also with his products working as intended. Good luck getting a response on your emails. This guys is flooded with emails from people that are upset with him. I at least hope the one you got is a good board.

Yeah, there has been many complaints about saberforge, products and customer service. It's a shame too, a couple of the lightsaber hilts on the site look pretty awesome. Plus, the fact that you can ( i mean, are supposed to) be able to buy 2 of the same hilt and get a free cuppler to create a staff. Definately do the claim through pay pal. You'll get your money back.

I bought from saberforge a while back. I ordered a hilt, and somehow my order got lost or something and the shipping was very delayed. When they sorted it out, they ended up sending me an extra custom hilt, which was pretty cool. They got sent in a non padded USPS envelope with not much packing, and the hilts started busting through the side. The hilts are very good, for the money that is. You will get some machine marks that need to be buffed out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back