Complete newbies welcome and question regarding first bucket

ragetti

New Hunter
Hello all!

For the past few days I've been trawling through the mountains of posts on these forums and are in awe of some of the suits and creations I have been seeing. I have been wanting to joing the 501st for a while now but haven't been able to decide on a suit to invest in, have after seeing the work and the passion of people on these forums I'm going to build a Boba ROTJ suit. I realise that I am setting myself a huge challenge and it will be a long expensive process making a fett costume as my first, but I am someone that loves a challenge and think it will be a lot easier with the tips, tricks and tutorials from this forum.

The helmet is what will make or break the costume I feel and have been weighing up a few options and wanted some opinions. I'm confident in painting and weathering the other armour parts of the costume but feel the helmet is a bit out of reach of my scope at this point in time so I'm looking in buying a painted bucket from bobamaker. Now it's quite a chunk of change doing that and just wanted to know if the price tag was worth it, if its a good helmet for trooping and how the accuracy of the paint job holds up against others. Any other opinions and advice on the first bucket and the suit in general would be great as well!

Just wanted to leave this thread by thanking all of the members for sharing their work, their efforts and their stories across this board, has been an absolute pleasure reading and watching peoples builds and look forward to sharing my own acomplishments

Cheers
Ragetti

you will certainly be amazed at Daz's, bobamaker's, work...he is a pleasure to deal with, and his stuff is top notch! worth every penny you spend...

Welcome to TDH!
I've worked on many of DAZ's Fett components and as FettDad already said, the quality is A-1. Very nice craftsmanship and certainly rugged enough to hold up through trooping events.
When I handle my helmets I'm careful to hold them by the back or sides rather than the front section as it's a bit more fragile with the large cutout for the visor.

I had one of BM's ESB lids a few years back, painted by the man himself too. Quality and service is excellent. You won't go wrong.

Daz is always in contact with updates so you know exactly where you stand.

Just wish I hadn't sold mine now... :-(

And yes, as Superjedi said, don't pick them up near the visor area.. they are a tad fragile there.

I have a full suit from Daz. (Pics in this thread - http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php/34476-SHOWOFF-It-s-Finished!!-My-BobaMaker-Fett! )
I swear by his work, professionalism and sheer artistry in talent. If you're going with his helmet, it's MORE than worth the price. When you see it in person, you'll see. Incredible is too weak a word, but it'll have to do. ;)

Edit - here's a shot right out of the box...I need to take more, better shots with my wife's awesome camera, but things have been far too hectic lately. Once we take the pics for my 501st approval, I'll definately take better, detailed shots of the helmet too.

Good Luck!

J

MyHelm2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice guys!
Have ordered and paid for the helmet woohoo. Now I just gotta wait beside my mailbox .....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back