I think I found a US Divers buckle, need help!

Hey gang, I'm at work, on lunch break, on my phone. On my first break today I called a scuba shop that is 2 hours away. After speaking to three different workers, they dug into their "archives" and found a harness that has a us divers weight buckle on it. I've only seen a belt buckle that was similar to fett's, I have not yet seen a good photo of the exact one that I need. Being on my phone and I'm short on time, I can't do much research right now. I was hoping that someone could post a picture or a link to a picture. I have to obtain a photo and email it to the shop so they can tell me if it's the right one or not. I described it as best as I could amd they found something that matches my description. Any help would be much appreciated and if it is the right buckle I will ask to see of they have any others as well. I am pretty excited because I thought that the buckle would be one of the hardest things to get for my costume. I found info for dimentions earlier today. Please help if you can :) thank you very much.

Well... the replica.. is a replica, it's not even the right font ;) And it looks more square than the one I am after. If I sent that photo to captain Jack, the owner of the local scuba place, he'd tell me right off the bat that he's never seen THAT buckle before, the man knows way too much about scuba stuff ;) I posted this thread 2 nights ago before the forums closed. Since then I have found a few pictures of the US Divers Co wight buckle. As I said in the first post, I found one. But after emailing them a picture and them giving me one back, it is different, the dang stamp is horizontal, not vertical :( I was so stoked when I thought that I had found one. Why do I seek Korn3000? Does he have authentic ones for sale? Because anyone can order a plain weight buckle and have a local shop engrave it. As a matter of fact, I will probably do just that and start an intrest post later on. I talked to the scuba place for quite a while and they want me to come in and review a bunch of different buckles that they have. If* I do how ever do this, the buckle will be a very very good replica. No offense to Fett Dad, cause he's an awesome guy who was just trying to help me out, but that buckle just dose not look right to me :p The search isn't even close to being done yet. I only called two places and already got a pretty good bite :D Hey Fett Dad, OK huh? where at? I swing through there every now and again since I am like.. oh 10 minutes from the border :) Thank you for the replys, I really appreciate it.

James

it is the shape that you cant find anymore...the engraving is trivial, brother...korn3000 makes an awesome replica, as does BobbyFettUK...i believe what you are doing is the same thing they are doing...you are not making original buckles, you are making replicas as well...best of luck!

I'm quite aware that it would be a replica :p But as I said, the one shown in the photo is not an exact replica of that buckle. If people don't want one, thats fine. This is how I will probably do mine so I don't have to spend 70 bucks on a stupid buckle :)

That pic shows the same buckle I have pics of, for sure :) Good one, best shot I have seen. But yeah, if you compare that to one of the replica buckles that is already made, the font is different and look at the flat edges, the replica is more squared. On the original, the verticle edges are longer than the horizontal flat edge. Or am I just crazy here? The owner of the scuba shop was asking me if I was after a rectangular buckle or a squared buckle, most manufacturers make both.

I don't have one of the replicas, so I can't fairly compare it to my authentic US divers buckle. There is a good chance there may be a little variation. Unfortuneatly, you will get that with any prop that is not a 'found' part. The buckle is such a small part of the costume, most people don't want to shell out the money for an original. The replicas look great and most people would never know the difference. You are certainly correct on the font, but remember that if you are going for canon, you need to cover the entire face of the buckle with a piece of aluminum tape anyways;)

Hello ivan, you're not allowed to post eBay links, and you're even a new member who we don't know about. How do we know it's not a replica as the ones on eBay a few days ago which had the same logo and were identical?

Hello ivan, you're not allowed to post eBay links, and you're even a new member who we don't know about. How do we know it's not a replica as the ones on eBay a few days ago which had the same logo and were identical?

I think the rule is you can't post link to other's eBay auctions. But I think it's okay to post to your own. Whether it is strange for someone to come on and post auction links in their very first post? Well....we'll leave that to the individual's discretion. ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back