Phantom Menace youtube review

Yeah at first I didn't like the phantom menace but then it kinda grew on me. then somehow in all the dvd versions of star wars i do have, I somehow lost the phantom menace disc. Anyways interesting review of how much it really was messed up.

Made me think about things that went on in the movie.

His review is spot on. Spike is currently showing Phantom Menace, and I am watching it as I type this. I haven't bothered to revisit this one in easily 6 or 7 years. It. Is. Awful.

After watching this I had to fire it off to a few friends like a bad chain letter. This is hysterical and perfectly on queue. Just when I thought I was being too hard hard on Menace, this reminded me that I wasn't being nearly hard enough..

70 hilarious minutes that were far better spent than the 7+ hours of nonsense that was the prequels. Oh well, we'll always have the original trilogy.

Some of the most astute observations of TPM you will ever see, coupled with wonderfully dry presentation.
He also gives the Star Trek Next Gen films a pounding.
Top Work!

LMAO! I had time to kill and watched it all. Thanks for posting this, it's so funny. If you like TPM.... this may make you realize some things. There are a lot of things in these videos that can help amatuer film makers learn charecter development, and learn not to do what Lucas did. I think the best part of it is when it shows Lucas and the producers after the first screening of the movie. You can see the look on their faces and they know that the movie is bad. Lucas even begins to talk about "How he might have done too much" and about how they can't cut any of those scenes out because of how the story is all stitched together. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to fallow the plot of TPM... there is no plot and the story is wrote extremely bad. This is classic, you all need to see it.

Dude, there are too many quotes that are awesome from that review lmao. I have to admit, I've been thinking about this video all day at work and I just got home, I'm going to watch it again, soooo funny.

What a great job of deconstructing the levels of awfulness. I hadn't completely grasped just how bad (no protagonist, no character arcs, mixed-up motivations), and a very funny video, too.

This is the exact reason I say THERE ARE ONLY THREE STAR WARS FILMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While this guy pretends to be a dumb serial killer and an off-his-meds pizza roll adict, in a very humorous way, he adeptly and succintly tears apart the Phantom Menace (and rips George a new one).

I have always talked about the gaping plot holes, the lack of a single character to relate with, and the logistical problems with the Trade Federation (basically a glorified galactic UPS) imposing a blockade and where the hell did they (or Palpatine) come up with the scratch to embark on such an endeavor. This guy, however, is far more skilled in articulating the precise problems that most Joe Schmoes don't even consider when watching the film. Most people will be satisfied in just saying, "It sucks," without giving much thought to WHY.

Watch all seven segments. I had my doubts as to how the guy could fill 70 minutes talking about how bad the film is. He fills the time easily, and I keep thinking that he probably could have said more.

I love it when they asked some off the street people to describe the personality traits of characters from the first films as opposed to Qui-gon Jinn and Queen Amidala. No one can say much of anything about those two characters.

This guy also picks up on stuff I've never noticed, like the contradictions in dialogue and the opening scroll. All I can say is George Lucas should **** well have had this guy on board as a story consultant for the prequels.

And when you're done watching those seven segments, check out this stand up comedian who envisions jumping into a time machine and killing George Lucas before he makes the prequels and essentially screws up those films. He does an excellent George Lucas impersonation and Boba Fett gets thrown into the mix during the course of the conversation. Take a look . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back